celica help?

Guest silverbullet

Guest silverbullet
my gf has an 87 celica gt 5 speed and shes having problems with it starting...now personally i think it may be the clutch going or it might just need adjusted?...but someone else said it may be the starter...when she tries to start it..it will turnover but it wont start..but then if i release the clutch and put it back in and i try to start the car it starts...does anyone know what this problem is??? :confused:

Guest White Horse

ohhh.. thats a good one... I'm not sure the clutch really has anything to do with it though. Most likely the starter is going. I would have to hear/see it to tell you more.

I can tell you this, if the car is in gear, the brakes off and clutch depressed when you start it, it will lurch forward if it is the clutch that is holding you back. If it don't lurch, it ain't the clutch.

I can't really think of how it could be anyway...

Guest White Horse
Originally posted by Lustalbert:

clutch safetey switch?

Already thought of that, in fact, I originally had that in my message, but edited it when I noticed that he said that it turns over, but won't start. Wouldn't even turn over if it was the switch.