Iron Rotors on the Street

TZ250

This is a neat forum. This is my first post here.

On Monday, UPS will deliver my new Braketech Axis iron rotors. I also ordered Ferodo XRAC pads.

http://www.braketech.com/sportbikes/AXIS-Iron-Rotors.php

Has anyone ever used iron rotors on the street? I know that they can rust when they get wet. Cars and trucks use them everyday in every weather condition.

The only downside, for me, will be washing the bike. I'll use my leaf blower to dry the rotors. After that, a short ride should insure that the rotors are dry.

BTW, these are going on a 2001 GSXR1000.

You can always blow them off with compressed air after washing and then spray some brake cleaner on them to disperse any left over water.

But they'll still rust a bit - just from humidity in the air. One use of the brakes and they'll clean right up!

This brake setup is everything that I wanted it to be. The brakes are very strong, with a good initial bite with a slight progressive increase in friction. That is reassuring when braking hard. The opposite (fade) is not fun! ;)

The rotors and pads are expensive. But I'd gladly spend the money again. The rotors can be purchased seperately to be installed on the original carrier. The quality is excellent. They should last a long time.

Although they are more powerful than OEM, they are not scary. If fact,the opposite is true. The Suzuki brakes seem scary now that I have really good brakes.

These rotors and pads are so nice that they make general errands fun. I find myself wanting to go just so that I can stop again. :) They've given me a new confidence in the front end and also the bike in general.

I checked into the carbon rotors. I'd love to save the weight and have even better brakes. Unfortunately, I just couldn't bring myself to part with $2,000 for brakes. Also, I read that the carbon brakes sound like blocks of sandpaper rubbed together.

I'm poor. I can prove it by showing you the holes in my underwear...:(:o

These brakes are everything that I've ever wanted. Now, if I just had the cash for a new shock...

I checked into the carbon rotors. I'd love to save the weight and have even better brakes. Unfortunately, I just couldn't bring myself to part with $2,000 for brakes. Also, I read that the carbon brakes sound like blocks of sandpaper rubbed together.

I'm poor. I can prove it by showing you the holes in my underwear...:(:o

These brakes are everything that I've ever wanted. Now, if I just had the cash for a new shock...

I hear you brotha. I don't even have the cash to shell out for the iron rotors. I can only imagine the increase in performance.