IPS

Dr. Pomade

The below text was originally posted in another thread, in which challenges were issued to provide reasons why consumers would consider taking business to IPS, but that thread was deleted. I was advised to begin a new thread.

These are the reasons why IPS continues to earn my business:

1. They have worked on my car extensively, and, as of yet, they have not done anything to my dissatisfaction. Nuff said.

2. They listen to the customer - several times over I mentioned something in passing, only then to have them remember that I said something and make suggestions on how we could make something work or accomplish some goal. It means something when the people you are working with actually listen to what you have to say and consider in earnest your opinions, likes, dislikes, and goals.

3. They work hard. Seriously, Ricky, in an effort to get some things installed in my car because he knew how badly I wanted the work completed, worked for nearly 36 hours straight (with only a four hour nap inbetween) to get the work done. That went way above and beyond the call of duty. And it wasn't because Ricky did something wrong or got the wrong part -it was simply because he has a hard work ethic, wanted to complete the job, and wanted a satisfied customer.

4. They are knowledgeable, but never once have they talked down to me about not being as automotively sophisticated as them. They catch a lot of shit for being "elitist" - that's just simply not true. I have never met automotive folks that are more down to earth than them. Ricky is one of the most honest and humble people that I know. Don't bring arguments that they are pricks - they just won't hold water.

5. They do not fuck around in customer's cars. And here's a great testament to that. Before I even knew Jeff or Ricky or even that IPS existed, I was out cruising in my car and happened upon some guy cruising in an RX-7 that was obviously modified heavily. Sensing an opportunity to race, I attempted to goad the guy in the RX-7 into racing. He had nothing of it - never even as much as accelerated that car. Eventually, I went on my way. Some time later, I find out that it was actually Jeff (of IPS) driving the car and that it was a customer's car he was driving. That he didn't get on the car and give it a go with me speaks volumes - it tells me that I can trust that they wouldn't fuck around in my car. And we've all heard horror stories about how this shop or another has abused customer's cars when they're not around.

6. Although they are regarded as largely an "import" shop, they've had no problems working on my Cobra as well as other Cobras and other domestics. And I'll speak for the other Cobra guys by saying they've all been completed satisfied with the work IPS has done on their cars.

I could go on, but I'd rather go out an enjoy my fast car that IPS made faster.

Go to IPS, don't go to IPS, I could really care less - but you asked for some reasons, and I gave them to you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Elinar Longsight
This is open again and has been cleaned up to remove all trash. Stick to the rules. Your experiences only, not what you heard or were told. If you can't post a personal experience( meaning what they did to your vehicle, not someone elses), then you don't need to post. Only warning, if your post doesn't follow the rules, it will be deleted. Period. End of story.

Originally posted by COLD AIR:

Ricky and Ben got my laptop to talk to my GEN6

If SlowZ28 can get my ecu to talk to laptop maybe we can find some 10's

Now if we can just get you to talk coherently... tongue.gif

Sorry, back on topic:

I did a pulley swap and this weird squeak resulted. I took the problem to IPS and they made the squeak go away. True story.