Fishy?

Guest Rane

Guest Rane

Well, this guy is working on my car in my garage. Supposedly he is a certified mechanic and he seems to know what he is doing, however. He tells me I need this part and that part, and that if we give him the money he will go pick it up, so far I have only seen a few of the inexpensive parts be replaced and most of the other stuff it seems like to me he is just unhooking and hooking back up. No cores or old parts around and I never have seen him actually install a part other then a few hoses lol. Seem odd to you? However it seems he is making progress and my car was running before the starter died and supposedly it needs a pilot bearing and something else in it so the tranny wont sound fuxed then it will run nice.

What do you think? Friend of mine took his car into a shop recently too, and they said he needed a new master cylinder so he payed for one. Him and his friend were checking his car out and noticed it was the same one on there. Does this type of crap happen alot? I guess if he does get my car running and can't come up with real reciepts for the parts I can sue him for my money back and have my car working as well=go me?

Guest Tony_K
Sounds like you are in the process of getting hosed. Stop giving him money, get a proper estimate, and tell him you will pay him when he finishes the job like real mechanics do. Or just kick him out of there now and cut your losses.

Most dealers have a checkbox on the ro that says "I want to keep my old parts." When I worked at Krieger Lincoln Mercury a long time ago a lady checked it and they did not give her the parts. They threw the parts in the dumpster. They sent the tech dumpster diving, and he could not produce HER parts. Needless to say the dealer gave her a free brake job.