UPS package received by old address tenants

Guest doggunracing

Guest doggunracing

I was sent a Christmas package (a little late) by my brother in FL Dec. 28th and it 'arrived' Jan. 3rd. The problem is that he sent it to my old address. We figured it out about a week after its arrival when he gave me the tracking number.

So, I went by the apartment that night and told them the situation. They looked like they had seen a ghost, and after about 10 seconds one of them said that they hadn't seen it. They took my number and said they would call if it showed up. Of course, I knew by the tracking number that it had already been delivered.

I guess it is possible that UPS delivered to the door (says so on the tracking page) and someone took it before they got it. But going by the look on their faces, they saw it was their address, and decided to take my stuff. I went by again yesterday and the guy denied seeing it again.

So, what recourse do I have? Is it legal for them to accept a package that is addressed incorrectly? It obviously has my name on it and isn't theirs. I'm not sure UPS will do anything because they correctly delivered it to the address indicated on the package. I'm not sure CPD would give a shit about something of this sort since it isn't US mail. If none of this will work, anyone want to make a group appearance? :D

Guest busteryhyman
I work for UPS. what they did is completely illegal and is fraid in UPS eyes. Call UPS customer service and explain the situation, they will investigate everything for you.

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson:

I work for UPS. what they did is completely illegal and is fraid in UPS eyes. Call UPS customer service and explain the situation, they will investigate everything for you.

Don't let them get away with it; fraud is a serious crime. Use your means of legal recourse.

Guest busteryhyman

do you know which hub in columbus sent out the delivery. If it was the Trabue hub, contact the customer service center there. What these people did can be classified as a felony and if they can get the records of the driver for that area they will pull up the signature of the person who took your package

I'm not sure how the Obetz hub handles situations like this but you can always call

1-800-742-5877 and speak with a fraud investigator

Guest doggunracing

My brother contacted UPS and they are investigating it. They called me but the guy didn't seem to understand the address mix-up. The driver left the package at the door, it wasn't signed for. That seems pretty dumb since it is an apartment complex. They used to leave it at the rental office; guess they got lazy.

I'll keep you posted about the need for a militia.