Alright, you all have a new Dayton kid (Springboro).....

jarvismb

Ok, so it was suggested to me that I post up a quick intro thingy here to say hi and see what this whole OR thing is about. I posted in the Dayton forums, but I should probably have done this first. Apologies all around....

With that out of the way, I might as well get down to business.

My first bike started out life as a boring SV650S, but after 4 years of work, things finally got better:

New Suzuki fairings

Undertail

Custom rear signals

Lowered suspension

Resnorkled intake duct

PAIR fix (or you could say I strategically used electrical tape, whatever you want to call it)

K&N Filter

Chrome windscreen

Rear seat cowl

Frame sliders

Power Commander PCIII

2969650480092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

2165026860092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

It was a fun project bike, and all the work as done by me in my driveway, so I kinda felt that nice connection.....Until a friend asked if he could ride it.

Mind you, this was a close friend, and at the time I had just gotten my new bike, so I thought, "hey I have 2, what harm could it do?" That's right, I went there. Sooooo, when he walked back in now 3 minuted later covered in blood on his left side, we all figured out that he actually couldn't ride a bike, and perhaps allowing him to do so was a poor choice.

He now owns that bike, and my time has been spent on my new baby, a 2006 CBR600RR. Now, before I show thins thing, let me just say that after riding for 4 years on my SV and getting my license, there is no way on God's green earth that I should be allowed to ride this thing. I'm a little f'ing guy and this bike is a damn bottle rocket with me on it. Letting me have one of these is a lot like training a monkey to perform open heart surgery. I mean, yea, he should be able to pull it of, but come on, eventually this thing is gonna end in tears. Or a chest full of monkey shit, i guess either one could happen. (see how that metaphor worked? It was flawless)

Ok, I'm not sure how I got on that, but about a picture of the bike stock with a small power-ranger at the helm?

2951777850092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

Now it looks a bit better after a few mods:

LED front signals

Demon Eyes in my headlights (red, of course)

Sweet-ass rear LED signals in my footpegs

Plate mount with LEDs in my hugger to light the tags

Yoshi RS-5 Carbon can

2896574160092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

2599445440092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

Ok, so I think that's it for starters, go on with the comments....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all, welcome.

i would also like to point out that theres a lot of little/short guys on the forum with 600s, so dont feel so alone in your quest for self-destruction.

the bike is lookin good too. i would get the rearsets and swingarm powdercoated while youre at it, and you might want to look into an integrated turn signal/taillight just for visibilities sake, although those footpeg signals are cool. well thats my $.02.

:honda: Think I may have posted this in your other thread, but those LED rearsets are sweeet. Was just down in Springboro a couple weeks ago at a buddy's, and he's got similar rearsets that he offered me. He can't use 'em cause he's got hard bags, so I just gotta get back down there to pick 'em up.

Nice thing is his are amber LED's, so they should go real well with my bike

sooo... how's the foot peg lights work, just drill and mount or what? did you buy them like that or did you make them?

I actually bought all the materials to do it myself (drilling, etc.) but as I was whoring around the CBRForum site, I found a guy in FL that has access to what I assume is a CNC drill press, so I took them off and sent him my pegs for about a week, and he drilled them in all aligned and everything. He even powdercoated them while he was at it, and he did a phenomenal job. There's actually 36 of those little bastards in there, and they are surprisingly bright, even during the day. The picture doesn't actually show how they look, because of the slow shutter speed of the camera phone. When they're off, it's all black so you really can't even see they're there, but it's super bright when it's on.

Thanks for the + comments from everyone, and to all the CBR folks, I'm just glad to build the army one stronger.

Also, I'm really interested in finding rides/events/meets around dayton or at least close, so I'll be keeping my eye out for these things here. And if you see an almost all black CBR around town with what appears to be a 12-year old riding it, it's probably me.

i would get the rearsets and swingarm powdercoated while youre at it

I actually plan on using the same guy who did my footpegs to do just that, but considering the time it's going to take, it'll be my winter bike-withdraw project, as long as he's still doing it.

I actually plan on using the same guy who did my footpegs to do just that, but considering the time it's going to take, it'll be my winter bike-withdraw project, as long as he's still doing it.

Tristan did my footpegs as well he does an amazing job and he doesnt slouch around you send him the stuff and a day after he gets your stuff you get your postal tracking code! I am sure that he will still be in buisness when winter rolls around.

Also, I'm really interested in finding rides/events/meets around dayton or at least close, so I'll be keeping my eye out for these things here. And if you see an almost all black CBR around town with what appears to be a 12-year old riding it, it's probably me.

Well, you missed an awesome big ride 2 weekends ago, and a good sized ride last weekend. So if you're serious about what you said, pay attention and quit fucking around. :slap::nono:

Kids.:rolleyes:

:p:p;)