Does CSCC have wireless web?

RedRocket1647545505

I've heard that they do, but I looked on their website and couldn't find anything. Does anybody know? Also, how does the whole wireless web thing work? Do I have to be subscribed to an ISP to use the internet while in a hotspot, or can I just click on IE when I'm in a hotspot?

If I am understanding you correctly, you are wanting to log onto Columbus State's wireless network, correct?

I'm about to answer your question the same way that Ben Stillman, who works there in the IT department explained to me;

When you open your web browser, it will take you to a page where you have to put in the username and password you use to log onto Cougarweb, as if you were going to mess with your class schedule. Once you've put that in, you are free to browse the internet.

When you are connected to CSCC's wireless network, you are using them as your ISP. It has nothing to do with how you get online anywhere else.

I have no clue where on campus has signal, sorry.

If you have any problems, get ahold of the helpdesk, they can explain things more in depth.

Short answer - just fire up your laptop on campus and put in your username and password when it asks for it

Yeah, we have wireless here. It's sporadic in places though. By the statue is definitely covered. You'll notice the big antenna we just installed on the light pole. There are other hotspots on campus as well. Just walk around with your laptop and see where you get signal. It is currently a project in the works. Like Mike said, when you open your web browser it will automatically redirect you to the CSCC wireless login. Just enter your CSCC username and password. Then you're good to go. PM me if you have any questions about it. I'd be more then happy to help.