METALLICA!!

supldys

Metallica, based on talent alone, is probably one of the best bands ever. But talent doesn't mean you make good music (yes, everyone has different tastes as far as what would be considered good music). I, for one, prefer the vocal aspect of music. And while James isn't a bad singer at all, he's far from the best. My favorite bands are the ones with the best singers. Hoobastank, Linkin Park, Shinedown, Ra, etc. are, imo, FAR better to listen to because their singers blow James out of the water. The one major thing I don't like about Metallica from a musical perspective how EVERY song of theirs is drawn out way too damn long. 90% of the songs I've heard (which isn't a whole lot, but enough) have an intro that's over a minute long before one single word is spoken/sung. That's terrible. Solos, while many of them are cool and hard to do, just turn a 4 minute song into a 7 minute song. Their talent is amazing, but how they use it isn't. My $.02.

Originally posted by Republicant:

HAHAHAHAHA. Apparently you missed the VMA's....

haha yeah that was horrible! and kevin, if one of your favorite bands is shinedown...i feel bad for you :rolleyes: back in the day, when metallica made 7 or 8 minute songs, they weren't drawn out. thats just what you call metal ballads smile.gif listen to "blackened"

Originally posted by Republicant:

HAHAHAHAHA. Apparently you missed the VMA's....

Apparently. Doesn't really matter, though. Everyone has their off days. Their CD is awesome, first CD I've been able to like every song on.

And why would you feel bad for me, Alex? Show me ANY Metallica song where James comes anywhere NEAR close to the vocals in "Simple Man", "45", or "Fly From The Inside" and you'll make me a Metallica fan.