Jimmy Dean - Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Hoop-D

Many of you know Jimmy Dean from CR or from his quick silver WRX or from him building this "soon-to-be-done" fast DSM. Or...perhaps you remember him offering his place of business as a potential meeting spot earlier this year after the Kroger spot got busted up. Well...regardless of how you know him, you know he is a great guy who loves cars, loves CR, and is an all-around good guy.

This past weekend, Jimmy and his mother drove to Florida to assist his grandparents (mother's side) after their house was severly damaged by Hurricane Charley.

EDIT: You all know the circumstances and what happened. Deleting the story out of respect.

Please take a moment, especially those who know Jimmy, to pray for him and his family. If you wish to send him a message, you may contact me (Jason) by PM or phone.

[ 19. August 2004, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Hoop-D ]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoop-D, do we have anyway of sending cards or anything? I think we should offer up something. He has played a vital role in shaping what CR is, if there is anything, besides keeping him in our thoughts, we can do, I think we should.

Originally posted by Black Sabbath:

Hoop-D, do we have anyway of sending cards or anything? I think we should offer up something. He has played a vital role in shaping what CR is, if there is anything, besides keeping him in our thoughts, we can do, I think we should.

Yes, definitely.. I'd be willing to pitch in.. this is a horrible story. :(

I feel really bad, this is devastation upon devastation.

Pass my condolences on to him and his family. As for the thing, I'd like to start taking donations for something to send to Jimmy's family on behalf of CR.

Anyone have ideas? I think for starters a card signed by us, and maybe some flowers or something. I can get a card and bring it out Friday night to Geeros/Jegs, if people would be as so kind to show up, even if just to sign the card and leave.

Jimmy did a lot for CR, and is a well-respected member. He went out of his way numerous times to get us a meeting spot at his work after we were booted from Kroger. He came out late at night, defended us from his pissed off brother-in-law, and made arrangements more than once-over to keep us happy.

It's the least we can do.

Guest jpurdy2003
Wow. That's one of the most terrible things I could ever imagine having to endure. I'm in Cleveland, but I will send a money order and a card if someone has an address.

Guys...your intentions and thoughtfulness are awesome. If you would like to send anything for his family, you may send them to Anthony or directly to me at:

Jason Niemiller

8249 Sea Star Drive

Blacklick, Ohio 43004

614-856-3150 (home)

614-804-4166 (cell)

I will collect everything and Anthony can give it to him at the funeral since it is on behalf of CR.

If you do not wish to donate money, then some other suggestions are as follows:

- offer to babysit (Stella, 2; Abigail, 5 months)

- offer to do yard work

- offer to help finish his DSM up at Quantum Racing...Jimmy has spent hours upon hours up there with Mark and Bryon

- send flowers to the funeral home (details to follow)

- send a savings bond for his children instead of cash...worth 2x amount you purchase when they mature

- send a card to Jimmy's house (PM me for address)

Since the deceased are in Florida, it will most likely be early next week before any arrangements for a funeral are final. I will post details as soon as I know. Jimmy's grandparents and mother are all to be buried somewhere in town...more to come.

I am picking Jimmy and Joleah (wife)up at the airport tonight and will pass along all of the positive energy you have all shared.

Thank you!!!

Jason

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

This is terrible, Id definitley show friday to pitch some money in and Sign a card.

I posted this on CDSM as well since he is a member there too. If a collection starts up we will be happy to contribute to it.

You rock!!! Contact me so I can get your cards/offerings to him and his family.

Jason

Originally posted by The_ Eyeball_ Of_ Fury:

I feel really bad, this is devastation upon devastation.

Pass my condolences on to him and his family. As for the thing, I'd like to start taking donations for something to send to Jimmy's family on behalf of CR.

Anyone have ideas? I think for starters a card signed by us, and maybe some flowers or something. I can get a card and bring it out Friday night to Geeros/Jegs, if people would be as so kind to show up, even if just to sign the card and leave.

Jimmy did a lot for CR, and is a well-respected member. He went out of his way numerous times to get us a meeting spot at his work after we were booted from Kroger. He came out late at night, defended us from his pissed off brother-in-law, and made arrangements more than once-over to keep us happy.

It's the least we can do.

+1 I mean...he also brought me to CR ;)

Seriously...Anthony hit the nail on the head. No matter what BS is said on boards...when it comes to it the core group of CR is made of A+ people!!!!

Originally posted by Hoop-D:

Guys...your intentions and thoughtfulness are awesome. If you would like to send anything for his family, you may send them to Anthony or directly to me at:

Jason Niemiller

8249 Sea Star Drive

Blacklick, Ohio 43004

614-856-3150 (home)

614-804-4166 (cell)

I will collect everything and Anthony can give it to him at the funeral since it is on behalf of CR.

If you do not wish to donate money, then some other suggestions are as follows:

- offer to babysit (Stella, 2; Abigail, 5 months)

- offer to do yard work

- offer to help finish his DSM up at Quantum Racing...Jimmy has spent hours upon hours up there with Mark and Bryon

- send flowers to the funeral home (details to follow)

- send a savings bond for his children instead of cash...worth 2x amount you purchase when they mature

- send a card to Jimmy's house (PM me for address)

Since the deceased are in Florida, it will most likely be early next week before any arrangements for a funeral are final. I will post details as soon as I know. Jimmy's grandparents and mother are all to be buried somewhere in town...more to come.

I am picking Jimmy and Joleah (wife)up at the airport tonight and will pass along all of the positive energy you have all shared.

Thank you!!!

Jason

I will do some yard work for them, lemme know