Sophisticated Pain-bringing Technology

Guest Crankshaft

That would seem like it would require some training to be able to shoot that. It would kick in a direction that people aren't used to and where people aren't as strong, because its not going to kick into you it will kick to the side. Is that right or am I missing something, because I think that would be really hard to keep steady when it kicks to the side, where you have nothing to brace it on, and not into you. Seems like a really cool thing.

Originally posted by Tenzig:

Whats the reliability like on those rounds, and for that matter,t eh gun. There's alot of heat and alot of kick with each shot, I'd be worried about failures.

it uses a handgun on the buisness end of the device. there is a pic in the first link.

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by Lustalbert (more used cars than CR):

http://www.barrettrifles.com/images/front_rifles.jpg

my kind of pain maker

<font color ="midnightblue"> Lol, if you have some light-armored personnel vehicles to disable or really want to dislocate your shoulder, then yeah, that's the gun for you. tongue.gif

Seriously though, it's an awe-inspiring weapon, just not entirely practical for an infantry man to be running around with, especially not when it weighs almost 30 pounds (28.32) empty.

Oh yeah, and while we're posting random links, here's another good website to take a look at. Seems to have every gun ever made, that I can think of.

http://www.hkpro.com/oicwtree.jpg

Unless they can shrink that thing down, it'll never see service. It's gotta be almost 35-40lbs.

Also look at the picture, the grip being so far forward makes you use an over extended grip. A shorter member of the armed forces would have serious problems using that.

I don't understand why the U.S. armed forces don't switch to some updated descendant of the Kalashnikov rifle(AK-47). It's accurate, reliable to a fault, and battle-proven since shortly after WWII.

Originally posted by Lustalbert (more used cars than CR):

http://www.barrettrifles.com/images/front_rifles.jpg

my kind of pain maker

Barrett Light .50? Sweet. Reach out and touch someone, hard.

Guest rperry74
Saw the OICW being fired on Mail Call on the History Channel. It works and it is bad ass. It doesn't weigh as much as you would think, most of it is composite based material, except of course for the business end of things. They were firing it from about 50 meters through a window and shredding concealed occupants of the room. Sooooooo sweet.

Originally posted by Mr. Old Mans Cars AKA GonneVille:

I don't understand why the U.S. armed forces don't switch to some updated descendant of the Kalashnikov rifle(AK-47).

Then you dont understand the sheer profitability of defence development contracts. graemlins/thumb.gif Or perhaps younoticed a trend of rampent spending over the last 5 years. tongue.gif