Chain link fence help

Alex1647545498

We're thinking about putting up a chain fence up. Was wondering if anyone that works at home depot or lowes can hook up on materials. Also a pricing quote for the materials.

I figure I would need:

8 corners plus caps

15 polls

170ft of chain/fence

170ft of top poll

90 chain ties

1 gate

concrete and gravel

Also wondering if anyone on here has experience putting them up and could do it for a good price. Seems relatively simple but I would like to have someone with experience here so we don't screw it up. I can get some volenteers to help with the job too. The yard is 75 ft deep and 14 ft on each side of the house. The back doesn't need fenced in because our back yard neighbors already has a fence up.

Thanks in advance!

Call home depot and tell them what you want. They will give you a price quote. Also all you would need to do it yourself beside the above stuff is a posthole digger to put the post in, and then fill the holes with quickcrete. Thats all needed to hold the post. Figure 1 bag per hole/post. Also it is very easy to put together. Just draw a line off the house to square it up with the house.

I work at the Lowe's in Lima. I'd hook you up for 10% off but I can only buy big shit like this once every 5 years I think?

Chain link is sold in 50ft sections so if you need 170 ft you're gonna need 4 50ft sections. they come in either 4 or 5ft tall and run $80-100 for each section. You can get Lowe's to install it but it runs $4.50 a foot I think.

Lemme know if you need any more info.

My newer neighber does concreate digging and he's had one of those gas drills at his place before. I can probably get him to take it home from work again and let me borrow it. That should save most of the time.

Any idea if I would need to call the city or cable/electric companies to come out and mark stuff off?

Thanks again guys!

Yeah, we don't have those "associations". My friend has a MI home and his place has one of those. Doesn't sound so cool. I guess it has it's good points but it's not for me. There's chain fences up around my house already so it's not a problem.

So far I'm going to get more details on pricing and then call the city for property lines and utilities for where not to dig. Everything has to wait till I get back from Atlanta though. I'll be gone for 2 weeks starting next monday.

http://www.oups.org/

don't bother with calling specific utilities companies. also to stretch that fence you can use a come-along, or a block and tackle. the block and tackle is easiest,you'll also want a bar with some hooks on it so it's evenly stretched,those are really easy to make.i have a block and tackle if you need it let me know.you'll also want a staticline around the bottom perimeter to tie to.makes it alot harder for the critters to get in/out.

edit: also the one-man auger will beat you up real bad, go for the two-man auger and get some help.they're cheap as dirt to rent from just about everywhere.