another hoax

Guest Tony_K

Guest Tony_K

If you get the following email, be aware that it is just a hoax. Probably some bastard with a chip on his shoulder wants to slow UPS' productivity by having the whole country make the driver show ID.

This hoax started on the east coast, and I learned of it by an email from the head of IT at my very large company. Just doing my part to prevent the spread of stupidity:

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 9:51 AM

To: Membership

Subject: Please read: Gov. warning regarding UPS

Subject: UPS Uniforms

> Government Warning regarding purchase of UPS uniforms:

There has been a huge purchase, $32,000 worth, of United Parcel Service (UPS) uniforms on eBay over the last 30 days. This could represent a serious threat as bogus drivers (terrorists) can drop off anything to anyone with deadly consequences! If you have ANY questions when a UPS driver appears at your door, they should be able to furnish VALID ID.

> Additionally, if someone in a UPS uniform comes to make a drop off or pick up, make absolutely sure they are driving a UPS truck. UPS doesn't make deliveries or pickups in anything, except a company vehicle. If you have a problem, IMMEDIATELY call your local law enforcement agency right away!

> We should all be aware!

UPS does too use vehicles other than UPS trucks. During Christmas every year they rent Ryder and Uhaul trucks because of all the extra packages they have. They try to use the rental trucks to pick up stuff at businesses since they will know the driver and use the UPS trucks to do the residentail stuff.