CPU virus

Sam1647545489

I guess there is a virus goin around on AIM. It sends you a link then it says does this vid look weird. Or it might send you a link and say do I look ok in this pic, or open this up great video. I got it from someone and once it is on your CPU it sends the link out to everyone on your buddy list. So be aware of links that you open on AIM.

Guest 420GSXR1000

general warning...

...beware of ALL links that are mailed or IMed to you....allot of the newer worms do that very thing, mail/im themselves out to ur entire mailbox/im list, so all ur buds thinks its you and will open it and BAM, its there. Currently you can still read the mail with the virus, just dont exicute any files or click on the link

FYI

graemlins/thatfunny.gif

I remember those days....

The virus is a version of the MYTOB worm. At work we were able to block the IP address that the worm uses to get back home and start downloading an email server program to your machine without you knowing. Then it attacks your contacts and blah blah blah....

By blocking the IP on your firewall it renders the virus useless.

Originally posted by Mustang_Nutt:

graemlins/thatfunny.gif

I remember those days....

The virus is a version of the MYTOB worm. At work we were able to block the IP address that the worm uses to get back home and start downloading an email server program to your machine without you knowing. Then it attacks your contacts and blah blah blah....

By blocking the IP on your firewall it renders the virus useless.

I'm no computer person, by far. But if you know the IP, can't you find the person it's coming from?

probably.... It would be above my level of expertise to do it. I know how to run a sniffer and find the IP that it hit to download the program. It was probably some little shithead kid in some third wolrd country that was bored and thought he would have some fun.

I remember 10 years ago you could buy virus' out of the back of Nuts and Volts magazine.

Originally posted by 1 DIRTY 7:

Yeah, that pisses me off. A buddy "sent" it to me, I asked what is was, he said a virus, then it enfected me. I call him up, and he said he wasn't even home. This is bullshit.

Ty

Who do you think I got it from..... graemlins/slap.gif

Guest GSRchick714
Originally posted by 1 DIRTY 7:

Yeah, that pisses me off. A buddy "sent" it to me, I asked what is was, he said a virus, then it enfected me. I call him up, and he said he wasn't even home. This is bullshit.

Ty

Is your screen name VMS RX7 or something like that? ...I think I got it from you

Originally posted by gergwheel:

any chance you could post up that ip address so I can put it in our firewall to avoid future disasters.

Well it turns out that the virus is smarter than I thought. After a day of watching this virus I found that when it can't reach it's "home" from the first IP it will switch to a different IP AND a different port. The good news is that every virus scanner I've seen can wipe it out.