Need Advice: I Think I'm Gonna Get Screwed By An Ebay Buyer...

Wease

I need everyone's opinion on this. I just sold my Formula on Ebay, I think. The link is here. Right before 1:00 P.M. yesterday afternoon, the reserve was met on my car. The person was from Riverside, CA. Not 6 minutes after that bid, I got another bid, this one from Baldwin Park, CA. Both of these towns are near L.A. Anyway, the auction ended today at 6:50 P.M.. No one else bid on the car, this last person won. So I send off an e-mail to them, giving my phone number and name, and I wait to hear from them. 5 hours have passed and I've heard nothing. I think it's kind of strange, you buy a $15K car over the internet, you think you'd want to contact the person right away. But I'll give the benefit of the doubt, for now.

Then I start doing some investigating. The person who hit the reserve is mma_videos. Their history is here. The person who bid 6 minutes later is busymomab. Their history is here. I started looking through what each had bought and sold. mma_videos sells martial arts videos, he/she has an Ebay store. Sure enough, the person who "bought" the car has recently sold a martial arts video. And, a few of the past sellers to busymomab, the person who won the auction, is none other than mma_videos.

I think I am gonna get screwed. I think mma_videos hit the reserve, didn't think he/she would, so he/she signed in on another name and bid again, so as not to screw the mma_videos screen name. I also noticed on Friday that this mma_videos had bid on a number of Trans Ams. None of the bids were over the reserve, but they were still bids. This is just too strange, and really screams "I'm getting screwed."

Now, I will give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's two friends, people that know each other. But the fact that the car was bid on no less than 6 minutes apart and the history of each person is just too coincidental. But I don't want to jump the gun yet. I will wait until Monday before I contact them again and start really wondering. However, I'd like to know what everyone thinks of this situation. My gut feeling is, no one will be contacting me about the car... :(

Guest racinbird

I hope it works out for you Sean, no product or money has exchanged hands yet so Im sure they would give you another free listing if he pulls out, that or highest bidder in line.

I have had all good luck so far on ebay, but always for smaller things, never has been over $500. I was thinking of putting my boat on ebay, but sorta leaning against it. Too much money online for my taste

Good luck

shady. very shady.

but the winning acount is established, so its not like thy made the acount just to bid and dip out. good luck, and keep us posted. oh, and dont let amy see this, she would break down in tears if she found out the car could be going to cali.