Scam?

nurkvinny

Last night, I found an '03 R6 with 850 miles for sale for $4200 on cycletrader.com. Bike is in Columbus.

I e-mailed the guy, and here is the string, most recent is at the top:

Me -

I live in Columbus. When can I look at it this weekend?

Him - If we use an escrow service i will arrange a free transport to your location and i will allow you 2 days to test it before the escrow company release me the money.

It is located in Columbus, OH. I prefer escrow because i have to study a lot this period.

Dino

--- nurkvinny@adelphia.net wrote:

Where / when can I look at it?

> > Date: 2004/05/14 Fri AM 05:01:21 EDT

> > To: nurkvinny@adelphia.net

> > Subject: Re: R6

Hi, yes i still have it.It is registered on my name! It is in perfect condition but i sell it because i need money for the college, very cheap price for such a bike but i do not have other option... Mail me back if you want to buy it.

Dino

--- nurkvinny@adelphia.net wrote:

Please let me know if you still have the 03 R6 for sell. If so, any details you can send would be

great. Title in your name or the bank's?

thanks,

------------------------------------------

I found the EXACT same photo in an Ebay ad today -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50053&item=2478587707&rd=1

The cycletrader ad is now gone.

Definitely scam. Seen alot of it. The other big one with bikes is people auctioning off on eBay saying they're in the states. You email them, and they have "just moved" to somewhere in Europe. Ran into several of them, listed by different people with positive feedback. Each one emailed me back with the same story. I'd stay away from it dude.