Timeslips

Disclaimer

Figured I'd start a thread to post your timeslips for out at the drag strip.

I went out for the first time this year, last night. We got rained out, but I went two rounds and was down to 5 bikes when they called the race. I got to race the thunderstorms east on Rt20 heading home. It was actually one of the coolest rides I've ever taken -- at night, massive lightning all around. Eerily beautiful.

I forgot to bring my slips into work and scan them, but I'm pretty confident I've got my launch down to where I'm comfortable and have rung as much out of the stock parts as I'm willing to risk (I short shift at 10k, as opposed to running it up to the redline, just for because I don't want to run the bike to the ragged edge).

I think I've said before that I was clocking trap speeds of 145-150mph, I was wrong...that's my speedo reading across the finish line (and we all know how accurate that is), my timeslip speed is much less.

My best pass during time trials last night was 10.49 @ 137mph -- I'll get the slip posted soon. I also ran a 10.53 and a 10.50. That's with my 200lbs fat ass + gear on it.

So, lets see everyone else's slip, if you care to share. :cool:

My best was last year.... 10.20 @ 147.3. My highest trap was 149, but I ran a 10.40. Really, really bad launch. Haha.

My best this year was 10.63 @ 139.8. Sucks. I thought my tire was spinning at higher RPMs (10K+). I didn't find out until the end of the day it was actually my clutch slipping. Doh. I haven't been back out yet this year.

No... I don't do anything 'on the street'. And I'm WAY too cheap to race for money --- $12 entry fee for Norwalk on Wednesday night is plenty. I've spectated a few street races when I was up in Flint, MI, but I'm definitely not one to participate.

It's not that hard to find a drag strip around - I'd much rather have a prepped track, timing lights, and a christmas tree than some unsafe, unsanctioned street race.

No... Wednesday night program is time trials from 5:30PM to 8PM, then they run a class elimination programs (High School, Stock, Mod Stock, Sport Compact, Truck and Van, Motorcycle) for trophies and T-shirts, and a run-off for a leather jacket. I can usually get 3-4 runs in before the bracket racing starts. I dialed 10.58 this past Wednesday.

Fridays are the typical Test-and-Tune nights... same price, except they run time trials all night instead of an elimination program.

• 4 weeks later...

JRMMiii:

Hello again.

I've been thinking of dragstrip. Curious as to what I could do on/with bike. First, however, will be track day (Aug.12) at Mid-Ohio. Have been snooping around tracks near to me. Norwalk (oops, Summit Motorsports Park), 40 minutes away (and it's been years since I was there last). Dragway 42 had a rat road and nostagia drag weekend. It was okay, but the nicest thing about it was the flyer. Watching from the stands...looks bumpy and not much of a shut down area.

Closest to me is Mt.Vernon's Pacemakers, 1/8 mile. So that'll most likely be my first try on a strip with a bike. I'm figuring that the first 60 feet wouldn't be great. I'm not interested in going straight up and flicking the bike away from my hands. So a roll out and then hit it.

Also, just figure 1/8 mile track, would be a good work on the launch thing. Friday test and tune @ $15 (I think). Watched a Hayabusa (candy apple red-good color) on another weekend and it ran 118 mph in the eighth!! I was impressed. Wife says she ain't watching me if I do this.

Malvern, Ohio has a strip (somewhere) and one think it's Steel Cities (by Stuebenville?), I'll have to check with kid on that info.

JRMMiii:

Hello again.

I've been thinking of dragstrip. Curious as to what I could do on/with bike. First, however, will be track day (Aug.12) at Mid-Ohio. Have been snooping around tracks near to me. Norwalk (oops, Summit Motorsports Park), 40 minutes away (and it's been years since I was there last). Dragway 42 had a rat road and nostagia drag weekend. It was okay, but the nicest thing about it was the flyer. Watching from the stands...looks bumpy and not much of a shut down area.

Closest to me is Mt.Vernon's Pacemakers, 1/8 mile. So that'll most likely be my first try on a strip with a bike. I'm figuring that the first 60 feet wouldn't be great. I'm not interested in going straight up and flicking the bike away from my hands. So a roll out and then hit it.

Also, just figure 1/8 mile track, would be a good work on the launch thing. Friday test and tune @ $15 (I think). Watched a Hayabusa (candy apple red-good color) on another weekend and it ran 118 mph in the eighth!! I was impressed. Wife says she ain't watching me if I do this.

Malvern, Ohio has a strip (somewhere) and one think it's Steel Cities (by Stuebenville?), I'll have to check with kid on that info.

Doesn't National Trails still do test and tune on wednesday night? Plus the one in Marion out in BFE

@ Littlecarb:

I've never seen a 'bird at Norwalk. The bikes of choice up there on the typical Wed. night are 'busas and ZX-12s. But, I'd love to see some up there - I've always wanted one.

If you value your life, you won't run Dragway 42. And I've only been to Pacemakers once, when I was really young - it seemed like a nice track for what it is - I've just never been a fan of 1/8 mile racing. You're just getting started and have to shut it down...I've never been to the Malvern or Stuebenville tracks - the tracks in Ohio I've been to are Norwalk, Pacemakers (Mt. Vernon), Dragway 42 (W Salem), National Trails (Hebron), Edgewater (Cleves), and Quaker City (Salem). I know of Tri-State and Thompson, but have never been to those.

Come to Norwalk some night - $12 and its a world class facility (as far as drag racing is concerned). It's a lot cheaper than a track day. Though I think I got bit by the road race bug, I'm going to look at a trackday bike tonight. Drag racing is fun, but I want to expand my horizons.

I'm not worried about "shutting it down" in the sense that I need to get on the brakes... there's just not much point to keep ragging it out past the finish line - there's no timing equipment in the shutdown area. :dunno:

Your the only person I've ever heard say that..............

Why are you guys worried about "shutting it down"?! These bikes go from

100-0 in like 65'... I'm assuming even the 4 year old brakes could stop a 400 pound bike doing 140 mph in 110'...

on most days me on my bike i can run 150+{if it hooks} and at kil-kare with a short shut bown will make ur butt pucker lol its been 162 on motor in the 1/4 with mike on it on motor hes been 129.6 in the 1/8 and i have been 127 im a fatazz j/k hes 30+pounds liter then me

p.s if the bike will ever shift 3rd on spray it will go high 160s or even 170s

I'll try the strip, but probably won't be power shifting. Since I'm new to this biking, I sometimes get the clutch engaged before I click it into the next gear. Sometimes it revs alot until I engage the clutch, but that's usually at a stoplight. BUT, laying down on the tank is real comfortable!

on most days me on my bike i can run 150+{if it hooks} and at kil-kare with a short shut down will make ur butt pucker lol

Ahh... forgot about Kil-Kare. I guess I'm spoiled that I've never RAN any tracks other than Milan (MI), Lapeer (MI), Norwalk, or Trails - they all have long shut down areas as far as I'm concerned (maybe except for Lapeer). All the other tracks I mentioned were just to spectate.

What kind of 60' times do you have slowbusa? Maybe you've posted them, but I don't recall.

Ahh... forgot about Kil-Kare. I guess I'm spoiled that I've never RAN any tracks other than Milan (MI), Lapeer (MI), Norwalk, or Trails - they all have long shut down areas as far as I'm concerned (maybe except for Lapeer). All the other tracks I mentioned were just to spectate.

What kind of 60' times do you have slowbusa? Maybe you've posted them, but I don't recall.

mikes best on my bike was at kil-kare with a 1.39 on a micky and the bike sitting at 63'' long mine was at norwalk and it was a 1.49

Jrmiiiii, Wow. Milan, really? Me too. Add in Detroit and Norwalk, but many moons ago. Present thinking is Norwalk would be for me on 1/4 mile and Mt. Vernon (even though 1/8) so I can learn the launch and is real close.

Then there's that drag bike ad I just saw! Oh, Oh.