• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the latest. http://www.command-post.org/2004/

"Kerry | Ted Kennedy Arrives at Beacon Hill

02:10 AM EDT | Posted By Catalyst

>> Go here to visit Catalyst's weblog.

Fox News is reporting that Ted Kennedy just arrived (at 10 past 2am) at Kerry’s posh Beacon Hill home in MA. Reporters spied Kerry’s daughter Vaness being consoled in the doorway…

Reporters are speculating that a serious discussion is underway either about how to handle Ohio or how to deliver a possible concession speech…"

Poor Girl :( I mifght feel sad if she didn't look like her dad so much :( X 43875630245704

Originally posted by copperhead:

It's not effective for 90 days

I'm really pissed now.

Incorrect, it takes effect TODAY, but it is not ENFORCEABLE for 90 days. Which means you can't get in trouble, but most will follow the rule. I still don't understand the mentality of don't go to public places if people are smoking there, you have that choice. Why should I have to make that choice? Why do I need to change my habits because your habits are harmful to others around you? So I should live in a bubble because you have no thought for anyone but yourself? My habits are not harming anyone. Kindly take it out side. That is all the law is saying.

As for smoking sections, come on are you really going to point those out? Yeah, no smoke ever leaves the smoking section in a restaurant. That imaginary wall that separates us in the same room is an invisible barrier LOL.

As for you being pissed, you will get over it.

Originally posted by SpaceGhost:

Incorrect, it takes effect TODAY, but it is not ENFORCEABLE for 90 days. Which means you can't get in trouble, but most will follow the rule. I still don't understand the mentality of don't go to public places if people are smoking there, you have that choice. Why should I have to make that choice? Why do I need to change my habits because your habits are harmful to others around you? So I should live in a bubble because you have no thought for anyone but yourself? My habits are not harming anyone. Kindly take it out side. That is all the law is saying.

Bars and resturaunts are PRIVATE establishments. What is next, somone can't smoke in thier own home if a non-smoker is visiting?

I agree people should not have to endure smoking in public. Too bad the ban isn't against "public" places.

Originally posted by mesteno:

Bars and resturaunts are PRIVATE establishments. What is next, somone can't smoke in thier own home if a non-smoker is visiting?

I agree people should not have to endure smoking in public. Too bad the ban isn't against "public" places.

Originally posted by Mr. 2:

These bans are on business that are in a sence public because everyone has access to them. But they're owned by private business owners. To me, that's not really "public" such as schools, gov' buildings or parks.

Originally posted by Mr. 2:

As a none smoker. You have the choice of not going into a smoking establishments. It should be up to the owner's decision who he wants to do business with. If it is more beneficial to have his/her estabishment to be none smoking, you bet the owner will make it so. It's just business.

If I'm a owner of a bar, I'd be pissed if the gov' tells me I can't make my place a smoking place if I wanted to.

Don't forget about the poor workers that don't smoke and has to work in a bar full of smoke. Has to? Get a different job. Oh... but why should someone change their job for somkers... boohoo. They knew what they would have to deal with when they applied for the job. If you're a vegan and are against animals being food then don't work at McDonald's. Wow, what a concept.

+1 I'm a non-smoker, but I think this ban passing sucks. Less freedom. But the people have spoken, it's their city, I guess business owners can stay and hope it doesn't ruin them, or move and do business in other smoker friendly cities.