should i just make a switch?

natedogg624

so i have a solo tail that i run on the street. i am getting ready for a trackday (yet its in a month and im already getting ready...yea that bug has hit me laugh.gif) and this would be my first one with the tail. i completely forgot about unplugging the lights so i am going to inevitably clip all my zipties and take off the tail unplug the wires and ziptie it back together, can be a pain in the ass...

question: while im in there should i just make an easy access switch to turn the whole back end lighting off (is that allowed or are the sticklers on making sure its unplugged--im doing STT)? or extend the wires to move the plug to it easy access such as under the seat (the harder possibly little more expensive option)? so that way next time i do a trackday i don't have to do all the work just to unplug the lights.

this is the only glitch i have had so far with running a solo tail...

no they are led's

either way im going to ahve to take the whole rear tail off to get to the lighting assembly. which is why im should i make a switch to just cut the power to the back end without taking the rear off everytime?

its going to get all taped.

only problem about pulling my fuse is that it also controls the instrument panel. speedo i could care less about but i need my tach...

so im just going to pull the plugs for the front lights and signals, and tape over them, as well as the rear and pull the plug on them as well.

im going to end up making a switch for it easiest option at this point.