Volkswagens

Guest jpurdy2003

Guest jpurdy2003
WTF is so damn great about these cars? It seems like they are the car of choice for the teenybopper "Mommy's buying me a new car" set. Ordinarily, I wouldn't begrudge that, but the problem is that they're mediocre at best. VW's lone attempt at a performance car, the GTI, is so bogged down with luxo-crap attempts to emulate BMW that it has become a disgrace to the original 8V, pocket-rocket GTI. Then there's the Jetta which is an object of desire for every affluent white girl between the ages of 12 and 32, despite being just as pedestrian and lame as an accord, camry, altima, or taurus. The Golf looks like a damn Kobe Bryant adidas shoe, and the New Beetle is nothing but a slightly more feminine Golf with less trunk space and rear passenger room. The Passat is just an obese Jetta, and the Phaeton or whatever the fuck you'd like to call it is a half-assed Audi. Then there's the Touareg, which is uglier than my hairy ass. On top of that, these dumb-ass teenyboppers love VW's entire lineup, which even if the prosucts were above average, would still be saddled with the most corny and stupid ad campaigns known to man.

Guest powers

All of this comming from an ass hat with this list of fine auto's in his stable

Vehicle: 1990 TSi AWD; 1984 RX7 GSL-SE; 1981 Datsun 210; 1991 SE-R

Oh and by the way i'm sure that my 20v turbo pig of a passat which is the old ladies car would own any of the cars you have.

Those who can not have hate.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by BIG PAPA:

All of this comming from an ass hat with this list of fine auto's in his stable

Vehicle: 1990 TSi AWD; 1984 RX7 GSL-SE; 1981 Datsun 210; 1991 SE-R

Oh and by the way i'm sure that my 20v turbo pig of a passat which is the old ladies car would own any of the cars you have.

I'd rather own any of those cars than any current VW. Since you snobbish tea-drinking teabag victims want to throw my poverty into the equation, let's speak of VW's in terms of their competition.

I'd sure as shit rather drive a VQ35-powered altima then some waste-of-power-potential 1.8T Jetta.

An SRT-4, Mazdaspeed Protege, or even a goddamn Spec V is light years ahead of any GTI in terms of performance. The GTI ought to go back to the way they were in the 80's, light, powerful, and not a half-assed, 3-series emulation. Real performance cars don't let heated leather luxo-gadgets come before performance. Not to mention the fact that a trained ape could wring more daily-drivable power out of a 1.8T ecu than VW's corporate jackholes. If you've got 1.8 liters of displacement and a turbo in this day and age and you can't throw down 200HP stock (even at the crank), you ought to have your automaking privileges revoked.

Would you rather own a New Beetle or a Mini Cooper? It seems that BMW actually understands how to respectfully recreate an automotive icon. The old beetle was actually capable of being quite competitive in a number of racing genres, but the New Beetle is just a glorified Golf.

I'd rather be dipped in dog shit than be dumb enough to choose a Passat over a comparably equipped Maxima. Also, the W8 is yet another example of German carmakers building overly complex shit that accomplishes nothing more than making people wonder why the fuck it was built.

Also, throttle by wire is fucking stupid, especially when it feels as direct as calling your throttle body collect from a payphone. What the hell was so damn bad about actual pedal feedback?

To be fair, before I bought the RX7 I test drove a 1984 GTI and it was a glorious experience until the shithead reneged on the price we had agreed to. VW needs to get back to what it used to build back in the day: lightweight, powerful, minimalist cars that are more fun than strippers.

Guest jpurdy2003

I can't have an EVO, but I've driven one and am quick to praise it. I've also driven a VR6 Jetta, a 2.0 Jetta, a 1.8T GTI, a TDI Golf, and a W8 Passat, and am quick to say that they all left me thoroughly unimpressed, as well as stumped by the owners' love for them. I don't care if a car costs $20, $20,000, or $2 million: If it sucks and is a pathetic waste of money, I'll say it loud and proud.

Guest powers
Originally posted by Rotary Mujadeen:

Since you snobbish tea-drinking teabag victims want to throw my poverty into the equation

Well it's very simple you see. You sir are poor becasue you are stupid. And your stupidity shows here.

[ 03. August 2004, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: BIG PAPA ]

WTF is so damn great about these cars? It seems like they are the car of choice for the teenybopper "Mommy's buying me a new car" set. Ordinarily, I wouldn't begrudge that, but the problem is that they're mediocre at best. VW's lone attempt at a performance car, the GTI, is so bogged down with luxo-crap attempts to emulate BMW that it has become a disgrace to the original 8V, pocket-rocket GTI. Then there's the Jetta which is an object of desire for every affluent white girl between the ages of 12 and 32, despite being just as pedestrian and lame as an accord, camry, altima, or taurus. The Golf looks like a damn Kobe Bryant adidas shoe, and the New Beetle is nothing but a slightly more feminine Golf with less trunk space and rear passenger room. The Passat is just an obese Jetta, and the Phaeton or whatever the fuck you'd like to call it is a half-assed Audi. Then there's the Touareg, which is uglier than my hairy ass. On top of that, these dumb-ass teenyboppers love VW's entire lineup, which even if the prosucts were above average, would still be saddled with the most corny and stupid ad campaigns known to man.

so i take it some bought that jetta you were looking at buying eh.

Guest powers
Originally posted by Republicant:

Actually, he's poor because he's in college. :(

you don't have to be poor to be in college. And from the posts I have seen from this person he will continue to be poor after he is out of college becasue he is stupid.

you don't have to be poor to be in college. And from the posts I have seen from this person he will continue to be poor after he is out of college becasue he is stupid.

i'm in college and i'm not poor.. :shrug:

maybe if any of his posts in this thread had any REAL information rather than his ignorant opinion he might not sound so dumb. graemlins/nonono.gif

EDIT: i recall this kid posting about dropping out of college because he could not afford it anymore.. yet he is able to insure and maintain 4 POS cars, BRILLIANT!

Originally posted by Republicant:

Morgan shut up you get 2k a quarter from OSU because youre brown. You dont have a job, the fact that you arent poor isnt your doing.

cause i worked my ass off in high school for it, it was my doing ;)

... I love you

that about sums Jon up.. graemlins/gay.gif

Since you snobbish tea-drinking teabag victims want to throw my poverty into the equation...

You forgot pissing.

An SRT-4, Mazdaspeed Protege, or even a goddamn Spec V is light years ahead of any GTI ...Not to mention the fact that a trained ape could wring more daily-drivable power out of a 1.8T ecu than VW's corporate jackholes. If you've got 1.8 liters of displacement and a turbo in this day and age and you can't throw down 200HP stock (even at the crank), you ought to have your automaking privileges revoked.
I have 2.0L of displacement and only 170 crank HP. My car sucks then, so you can't use it in that first part.

Guest Ranger_Man

i hate the new volkswagens for the simple fact that doing an oil change on them is verging on being an all day process.

every other volkswagen that comes into my work has a sound deadening plate on the front half of the car. this plate is held on by roughly 25 screws. god forbid those kraut bitches put in an access panel so you wouldnt have to remove the plate. then when you finally get the plate off and get the oil change done you get to put it back on!! putting it back on is roughly ten times as hard as taking it off. lining up every little screw, even the ones in the wheel well usually requires 3 people. what does this plate do you may ask? well it reduces the sound in the passenger compartment by 2-3 decibles.

i also wouldnt own a car made by people who call themselves Volkswagen Audi Group, or more simply, VAG.

Guest powers
Originally posted by Beer Guy:

i hate the new volkswagens for the simple fact that doing an oil change on them is verging on being an all day process.

every other volkswagen that comes into my work has a sound deadening plate on the front half of the car. this plate is held on by roughly 25 screws. god forbid those kraut bitches put in an access panel so you wouldnt have to remove the plate. then when you finally get the plate off and get the oil change done you get to put it back on!! putting it back on is roughly ten times as hard as taking it off. lining up every little screw, even the ones in the wheel well usually requires 3 people. what does this plate do you may ask? well it reduces the sound in the passenger compartment by 2-3 decibles.

i also wouldnt own a car made by people who call themselves Volkswagen Audi Group, or more simply, VAG.

First off some do have an access like my passat.

Most all late model german cars have them.

And it's purpose is not sound reduction. But thanks for playing.

Guest Ranger_Man

First off some do have an access like my passat.

Most all late model german cars have them.

And it's purpose is not sound reduction. But thanks for playing.

i have not seen one come through with an access, so most of them do not have one.

what is the purpose for that plastic POS then? according to volkswagen it is to reduce sound in the cabin. you must own volkswagen and designed those plates since you apparently know better. so please, as an engineer and a CEO, enlighten the rest of us.

I'm not much of a V Dub guy, but what about those R32's. AWD 240hp V6 in a two door GTI body with a tuned suspension doesn't sound like it would perform too bad. Though it does weigh 3200 lbs, costs about ten bucks per pound, and still looks like a shoe.

Has anyone driven one?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jpurdy2003

If Dubya can be simultaneously stupid and rich, so can I, dammit!

BTW, I'm more than likely headed to kent state this spring after I pool some finances.