Street Racing

Crash1647545504

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four reasons:

1. $1000 fine and 12 months suspension. No thanks.

2. Several accidents, including a prominent local shop owner/partner who totaled his 300ZX, along with a drunken asshole who nearly ran several people over. No thanks again.

3. 1 race between fast cars for every 10 between Kias.

4. Conversations with cops on way too regular of a basis.

5. Legal motorsports is more fun and not very expensive. The Fast and Furious shit is cooler in movies.

Seriously, this site is evolving into a general automotive and LEGAL motorsports site, and it's about time.

People who want to pose as hard core street racers can go join race-club.org and complain about how CR used to be cool. graemlins/jerkit.gif

That's my take. Hate on me all you want, it won't change the fact that I'm right.

Originally posted by SupraGlue:

People who want to pose as hard core street racers can go join race-club.org and complain about how CR used to be cool. graemlins/jerkit.gif

T

So please explain to me why you even mod your car then. Whats the point. Everytime that I go out with some people we have never once been with a car that isnt a low 12 sec car. If people come out with their Kia's we plain and simple say that you are not coming with us. Easy enough.

5. Legal motorsports is more fun and not very expensive.

paying to go to national trails pace makers or MIR to race for times against whoever happend to get in line next to you, especialy on wendestday if you show up at 6:30 (after work) when its to late to enter to me isnt very fun it gets old quick

considering im also not into road racing/auto cross or driving a distance to get to those tracks

Have some idea of what you're talking about before opening your yap.

Originally posted by Venomss:

been in a lot of money races, have you? sleep on cars that runs single digits? have a rep that follows you past this or any other local websites out into the street? i dont think so. know what that makes you? a poser.

are you that guy? i hope not. but they do exist, and there are some on race club. ( :eek: ) wether you manage to weed out the kias or not.

he has plenty of an idea of whats he's talking about. some people just don't street race is that a crime? I've done my fair share of it and every single race was a stupid thing to do between the wrecks and the people who go ti jail and get there shit impounded I'd rather drive 30 minutes and pay 10 bucks and still have my car and lisence at the end of the day

This will not turn into a CR vs. RC thread.

However, standing around in the same spot for hours illegally street racing is gay. We've found that out the hard way, and some people have points and fines to prove it.

NASCAR around 270 is gay also. Again, we have points and fines to prove it.

Some of you fail to realize that we cannot go out and be hard core street racers anymore. Not to mention, non of you who've posted have made any name for yourself worth anything and are seriously posers if you refer to how badass of a street racer you are. You're not, and there's plenty of people out in Columbus who will wager a few thousand $$$ to kill your point and you car.

I've seen it and I've seen what can come of it. Better stick to your double digit races and avoiding ricers since 99% of you have no chance in a real street race.

I'm not saying I'm die-hard and a badass. But, I've been into the street racing scene while most of you were still popping pimples and beating off to your new pubes while in middle school. You're nothing special, and neither am I. I'm just stating an observation of what has become more of a trend than anything more.

Originally posted by Venomss:

That's never stopped you from posting, that's for sure.

DJ, how much pose factor does this guy get for his "professionally installed" altezzas?

DJ, how much pose factor does this guy get for his "professionally installed" altezzas?
what would i know, i drive a kia.

see sig.

not like anyone whos slower than 13's knows anything about street racing anyways. graemlins/gives.gif

Four reasons:

1. $1000 fine and 12 months suspension. No thanks.

2. Several accidents, including a prominent local shop owner/partner who totaled his 300ZX, along with a drunken asshole who nearly ran several people over. No thanks again.

4. Conversations with cops on way too regular of a basis.

5. Legal motorsports is more fun and not very expensive. The Fast and Furious shit is cooler in movies.

Seriously, this site is evolving into a general automotive and LEGAL motorsports site, and it's about time.

That's my take. Hate on me all you want, it won't change the fact that I'm right.

Blah, still wanna see the jellybean vs. 300ZX again :D Seems like all there is anymore is legal racing, so I guess it's a better idea. Charter is dead, so I guess street racing as a whole should call it quits too. On top of that I should have a badge when I finally get out of what I do now, and I'm a prick graemlins/thumb.gif

Its all gone to graemlins/gay.gif roll raceing

Real men go from a dig

Who claimed to invent the 270 thing?

Some (like myself) liked it the way it was,but seems only a few did and CR went a different direction. That and a deal-job-work gone bad Is why RC started

Ok Honestly.... what the fuck? no one claimed to be some hard core street racer. and why the hell should i have to make a name for myself to street race? if my talon sudonly ran 10's and i raced for money would i no longer be a "poser".... now we are describing street racing as we would skateboarding

Originally posted by BenJammin:

Ok Honestly.... what the fuck? no one claimed to be some hard core street racer. and why the hell should i have to make a name for myself to street race? if my talon sudonly ran 10's and i raced for money would i no longer be a "poser".... now we are describing street racing as we would skateboarding

ben, no one hating on you. you dont make any claims to that. neither do a bunch of us on here. cr has moved in a different direction. i did some racing (granted, it was in my 16.xx galant) and i, like you, had a pretty good time, despite being made fun of. but, after seeing some of what happens to people when they get caught, as well as seeing some near misses involving other peoples lives and property, i decided that the fun was not worth the risk. cr, as a board, has pretty much come to that conclusion as well.

seems you just have a case of bad timing, ben. cr isnt into street racing anymore, and the clubs that are, wont let you because youre in the "kia" category. sorry bro. :(

If you want to street race then do. Just call someone out. If that person doesn't want to then too bad. However, you may get some races.

What happened? You will have to ask the indivisuals yourself. Everyone has their reason why they do or don't.

I would suggest that you put up a post to have people who wants to street race to PM you. Then you can "organize" it so that when you guys are out that there are street racing going on. I see plenty of people talking about it so there should be many races going on once you set this up.

I suggested PM so law enforcement can stay out of it. It would also limit the liability of CR if something goes bad.

As Nike once said... Just do it.

look ben we had maybe 10 good spots and the freeway we just kept getting busted all the time why deal with that. if you want to street race someone do it the old way just walk up to someone in a parking lot and ask them to race. they can either say yes or no. then you two go do your thing and come back thats the best way to do it attracts the least amount of attention and the whole thing is over in 13.10 seconds for ya.

Originally posted by Orion:

been in a lot of money races, have you? sleep on cars that runs single digits? have a rep that follows you past this or any other local websites out into the street? i dont think so. know what that makes you? a poser.

Wow, what a great, albeit irrelevant, reply. But thanks for letting me know what you think about me.

Look, I was pointing out the fact that SupraGlue doesn't have a clue as to what goes on at RC. I do, and, knowing he's wrong, I called him on it. It's that simple.