Street Racing

Crash1647545504

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Orion:

how am i supposed to respect an opinion on driving talent from someone who rocks an automatic corvette? graemlins/gay.gif

and before you go to the "i never said I was sweet" card, save that shit for someone whos listening. if youre going to call someones driving skills out on front street, you for damn sure better have some of your own. cant remember seeing you at any auto cross events this year. for that matter, i cant remember seeing you take any turn tighter than the big loop of 270 at faster than a snails pace.

serious drag guys, i already know that drag racing does take talent. props to you. but i cant lump sam into that group, because it seems to me that sam is neither serious, nor talented.

Well first of all, a automatic is proven to be more consistent in the 1/4 mile. 2nd I ran the autocross course at trails on saturday. How would you know how fast I took some turns on the road seeing that you where to far behind in the Gaylant that you had. Also I would like to see you try to drive a stock automatic corvette to almost a 10 sec pass with just nitrous. Stock convertor and stock 2.73 rear end. Cut a 1.69 sixty foot and be able to keep the car straight from all the torque it makes at a low rpm. Also I didnt realize that you were a pro at every driving level possible. And whenever you get another 10k in your car let me know, I will show you how much talent I got. Hell I will race you whenever and where ever you want. Autocross, Drag, Dig or roll. Whatever will make you sleep better at night pumpkin...

Originally posted by SupraGlue:

Sam, that shit's reading like you went to the Jeff Yetzer school of street racing foreplay and ran straight D's. Let him post on your account so that I can argue with someone who's brain isn't stuck in their dick. Thanks.

And mark I will spare the embaressment of flaming you in front of everyone just to save the friendship that we kinda have cause I could easily just end your arguement quickly..

Originally posted by The Vette:

Well first of all, a automatic is proven to be more consistent in the 1/4 mile. 2nd I ran the autocross course at trails on saturday. How would you know how fast I took some turns on the road seeing that you where to far behind in the Gaylant that you had. Also I would like to see you try to drive a stock automatic corvette to almost a 10 sec pass with just nitrous. Stock convertor and stock 2.73 rear end. Cut a 1.69 sixty foot and be able to keep the car straight from all the torque it makes at a low rpm. Also I didnt realize that you were a pro at every driving level possible. And whenever you get another 10k in your car let me know, I will show you how much talent I got. Hell I will race you whenever and where ever you want. Autocross, Drag, Dig or roll. Whatever will make you sleep better at night pumpkin...

You forgot one: Rally. ;)tongue.gif

I've seen Sam take a tight turn. Last year we went romping down 270 and turned around on the US33 cloverleaf, him in front and me behind driving Rob's Spyder.

That Vette can handle, but couldn't get away from my Mad Drivin' Skillz in the MERWD MR2, yizzo :D

Originally posted by N/A Again:

I've seen Sam take a tight turn. Last year we went romping down 270 and turned around on the US33 cloverleaf, him in front and me behind driving Rob's Spyder.

That Vette can handle, but couldn't get away from my Mad Drivin' Skillz in the MERWD MR2, yizzo :D

That was mad tight yo. That was funny watching you tear around the corner in someone elses car. I bet Robs was shitting his pants... :D

im almost positive that it takes more talent to drive a stick in a straight line than an auto. including cutting your vaunted 1.69 sixty foots. even though that DOES get my attention, you could probably acheive the same acceleration by throwing yourself out of a 4th story window. you should try that sometime.

im also pretty sure that autocross, road course, and just about any other type of racing is done more easily with an auto than with a stick. maybe im old fashioned, but just because i like to "point and click" on my computer, doesnt mean i enjoy it in my car.

as far as being way behind in my gay-lant (yeah, it was pretty slow) i still didnt have much trouble watching you take turns because you were going so slow through them.

no need for me to spend 10k on my car to see you struggle through the twisties. shit, its only 10 bucks for a pit pass at ledges.

as far as the race, youre on. you keep bringing it back to auto-x, so thats what well do. ill hit up the calender tommorrow and find out when the next ones gonna be, and you can meet me there. just so you know, you arent going to affect my sleeping patterns at all. if anything, youre helping them by posting all those pictures of danielle. *thumbsup

would you like to drive the Camaro? its an auto

its not easy

dammit, ben. read the last sentence of my post., you knucklehead.

and yes, i would. *grin

Also I never said anything about a auto being harder then a stick, so I dont know where you got that. Another thing I think you would achieve alot faster acceleration time then me if you went out the window first. Since you are such a pro at driving why not race in all categories. We can all events and see who wins. Surely a skilled driver like yourself should have no problem with this..

how many chilitos are you gonna buy me, sweetheart?

Also I never said anything about a auto being harder then a stick, so I dont know where you got that. Another thing I think you would achieve alot faster acceleration time then me if you went out the window first. Since you are such a pro at driving why not race in all categories. We can all events and see who wins. Surely a skilled driver like yourself should have no problem with this..

no, you didnt. what you did say was that mark is not as good a driver as he thinks he is. to which i replied that someone who drives a car with two pedals doesnt really qualify as an expert on driving skills. you then preceeded to inform us that it takes some pretty skilled hands to keep the wheel straight on a car like yours from a dead stop. and my retort to that was, "you got skills, now do it with a stick." it really isnt that hard to follow along, is it?

im confused about your second statement. i mean, a guy who knows straight line physics as well as you do would surely know that there would be no difference in speed. i mean, i could see you being confused about lateral movement, but damn.

seriously, sam. do you think its MY driving abilities that are really in question here?

i have over 20 laps of autocross in, THIS SUMMER.

i have more than 25 hours of track time in, THIS SUMMER.

and if you like, ill go ahead and claim my 6 hours of instruction.

go ahead and tell us how many 11 second passes youve made, thatll wow the crowd. add your one autocross event, for the kicker.

now, if you want to get back on tuesday, i believe you were questioning MARKS driving ability. now, i cant say for sure if youre impressed by MY credentials, but i can tell you this, marks done far more than me, and with a car with more than three times the hp.

you dont have to be skurred to have respect for skills.

[ 12. August 2004, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Orion ]

Guest riggs867

If CR is a "Legal Motorsports" site, where were all of the CR members saturday? Or the week before? Or the week before? I saw at least a dozen RC members at trails on saturday, but not one person that is just a member CR.

Akula and I were standing next to this old jalopy:

mid sevens

Guest stevil
Originally posted by N/A Again:

I've seen Sam take a tight turn.

Remember when you saw smoke coming from my Achieva's tires on a freeway ramp? lmao :D Might have been the same night.

Originally posted by Orion:

i have over 20 laps of autocross in, THIS SUMMER.

i have more than 25 hours of track time in, THIS SUMMER.

and if you like, ill go ahead and claim my 6 hours of instruction.

http://www.yourethemannowdog.com/

You know where to find me when you are ready to settle this on the track.

Sam, you don't think I'm nervous, do you?

You said "whenever, however."

I said, "next autocross."

You said "for money."

I said "how much"

And since then, you've come back at me with either a different challenge, or some lame attempt at humor. Dude, you offered, I accepted. See you at the track. you bring the taco bell, ill grab the mountain dew. Well make a day of it.