Street Racing

Crash1647545504

Originally posted by The Vette:

Also I would like to see you try to drive a stock automatic corvette to almost a 10 sec pass with just nitrous. Stock convertor and stock 2.73 rear end. Cut a 1.69 sixty foot and be able to keep the car straight from all the torque it makes at a low rpm.

THIS is a guy in the Mark VIII club I'm in. He was 18 when this was filmed, and he only has one arm. He's not that bright, either.

Dude, you drive a VETTE. I mean, come on man. It was made to race. It's about the easiest car (in that price range) to do exactly that in. Yeah, it's really fast. But it's a VETTE.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mensan:

THIS is a guy in the Mark VIII club I'm in. He was 18 when this was filmed, and he only has one arm. He's not that bright, either.

Dude, you drive a VETTE. I mean, come on man. It was made to race. It's about the easiest car (in that price range) to do exactly that in. Yeah, it's really fast. But it's a VETTE.

What exactly is the point here? That Sam should apologize/not talk trash/be handicapped somehow because he owns a fast car that is supposed to be fast? :confused:

NO. He's saying how tough it is to drive an auto vette in a straight line and get into 10's with just nitrous. I'm saying it's not that tough. He bought a precision machine. It isn't supposed to be hard. It's not an insult at all. I'm just pointing out the fact that in this instance, he may be incorrect in what he typed.

Originally posted by Mensan:

NO. He's saying how tough it is to drive an auto vette in a straight line and get into 10's with just nitrous. I'm saying it's not that tough. He bought a precision machine. It isn't supposed to be hard. It's not an insult at all. I'm just pointing out the fact that in this instance, he may be incorrect in what he typed.

Gotcha - thanks for dumbing that down for me.

• 3 years later...

The sad part is the new guys on here dont know how street racing was back in the 80s.

I remember racing from midnight to 6:00am with no cops and we all had a great time and nobody got hurt it was just good fun. All that is gone now. We would have to move the racing outside the city limits and you could still get caught. The race tracks like trails is a business they could give a shit if your there or not. You may get to race 1 or 2 rounds then you need to dial the car in. This is from an old and long time street racer.

The sad part is the new guys on here dont know how street racing was back in the 80s.

I remember racing from midnight to 6:00am with no cops and we all had a great time and nobody got hurt it was just good fun. All that is gone now. We would have to move the racing outside the city limits and you could still get caught. The race tracks like trails is a business they could give a shit if your there or not. You may get to race 1 or 2 rounds then you need to dial the car in. This is from an old and long time street racer.

Oh man, do I miss those days.

I would say 75% of the guys on this site is less than 22. All im saying is I was street racing before they were even born. I have seen alot of changes in 22 years.. People didnt just sit around and talk about racing, racing was the thing. You wouls see 100 or more races on a Friday or Saturday night. I know I was one of the people out there racing.

I would say 75% of the guys on this site is less than 22. All im saying is I was street racing before they were even born. I have seen alot of changes in 22 years.. People didnt just sit around and talk about racing, racing was the thing. You wouls see 100 or more races on a Friday or Saturday night. I know I was one of the people out there racing.

Um you were "15" 22 years ago.....

Guest mrhobbz
Ok Honestly.... what the fuck? no one claimed to be some hard core street racer. and why the hell should i have to make a name for myself to street race? if my talon sudonly ran 10's and i raced for money would i no longer be a "poser".... now we are describing street racing as we would skateboarding

Street racing is gay, shut up.

Why should it matter how old someone is? Are you saying that just because someone is not older than 22 that they have no clue what is going on. Can someone not prove them self at a young age?

Why should it matter how old someone is? Are you saying that just because someone is not older than 22 that they have no clue what is going on. Can someone not prove them self at a young age?

I think he's merely stating that some of us were old enough to experience the street scene before it took a 'turn', so to speak. For example, when you were born, I was near graduating from high school. I'll be 35 this year. By that age, I had already experienced a few forms of motorsport thanks to my family and my own interest. I had already been driving for some time (obviously, illegaly :p ) and had learned what the street racing scene was like. Not just in one place, but everything from small hick towns to living in Souther Cali.

Things have changed alot since then, since I was 19. A WHOLE FUCKING LOT! And due to your age, you cannot possibly know from experience. I'm sure he did not mean it as an insult to anyone's age. He just means some of us are becoming old farts; old enough farts so that we can finally begin the "Age of Reminiscence". :D

I think he's merely stating that some of us were old enough to experience the street scene before it took a 'turn', so to speak. For example, when you were born, I was near graduating from high school. I'll be 35 this year. By that age, I had already experienced a few forms of motorsport thanks to my family and my own interest. I had already been driving for some time (obviously, illegaly :p ) and had learned what the street racing scene was like. Not just in one place, but everything from small hick towns to living in Souther Cali.

Things have changed alot since then, since I was 19. A WHOLE FUCKING LOT! And due to your age, you cannot possibly know from experience. I'm sure he did not mean it as an insult to anyone's age. He just means some of us are becoming old farts; old enough farts so that we can finally begin the "Age of Reminiscence". :D

No insult to any of the young guys on here. I was making a point of how things were back then when you could race all night and not get a ticket to how this were the other night when 8 people got caught. That is all.