Pitt Daytrip....Part deux

Fonzie

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no hesitations, you're leading the pack, so set a pace you can keep up with...

dweez won't mind going a little slower

and yes, props for the save, even though I missed the whole thing...

It's not the first time he's tried to make the antique a dual sport :lol:

oh, common problem? i thought it was a 1 time thing..

I actually thought that all Birds were supposed to end up in the ditch. You're saying that's not true? :lol:

This cummin' from the guy who slid his like Pete Rose?!? :cool: Besides....That was my first couple months on the bike....And was a SPECTACULAR save as well!! :D

Duane.....I'm smart enough to know when I've pushed Lady Luck to her limit......So I'm more than happy to let you youngins with the raging testosterone lead the way, & I'll just ride my own pace bringin' up the rear. Don't wanna hold you guys back or let my ego try & keep up beyond my skill

All joking & ball bustin' aside......As long as I get home in the same shape I left, and had some fun with friends along the way.......I don't care that my chicken strips are a little bigger than others ;)

As long as they're skinnier than Sam's!! rofl.gif

This cummin' from the guy who slid his like Pete Rose?!? :cool: Besides....That was my first couple months on the bike....And was a SPECTACULAR save as well!! :D

Duane.....I'm smart enough to know when I've pushed Lady Luck to her limit......So I'm more than happy to let you youngins with the raging testosterone lead the way, & I'll just ride my own pace bringin' up the rear. Don't wanna hold you guys back or let my ego try & keep up beyond my skill

All joking & ball bustin' aside......As long as I get home in the same shape I left, and had some fun with friends along the way.......I don't care that my chicken strips are a little bigger than others ;)

Once. I learned from my mistake after the first time.:flingpoo:

As long as they're skinnier than Sam's!! rofl.gif

agreed... I just had to give you a hard time

I'm debating on whether this would be better than the AMA event. I don't have tix to the race, so it's not like I'll be tailgating or anything.

Fonz - do you have some type of itinerary / meet up spots? I know you said it'd probably be the evening when you guys would return, but you have anything a little more concrete? I'm just trying to figure out if I crash your guys' trip, what the start/return time would be and whether I would be better off heading back home to Elyria, or hanging around in Mansfield?

I'm debating on whether this would be better than the AMA event. I don't have tix to the race, so it's not like I'll be tailgating or anything.

Fonz - do you have some type of itinerary / meet up spots? I know you said it'd probably be the evening when you guys would return, but you have anything a little more concrete? I'm just trying to figure out a start/return time whether I head back home to Elyria, or hang around in Mansfield.

Dependent upon time, we were talkin about stopping at the track on the way back. Yota is camping there IIRC

Fonzie; Since I missed yer crew's outing the last time and learning that it breezed by my haunts; I'm up for a cross country on my collector's item. I really hate putting all them miles on the museum piece, but it'd be nice to actually try it out on a road. If ya got room for a newbie, I can hook up in Mansfield. Just PM me with details re:

So far no word on Saturday, Aug. 2nd fer work at my end. They wait until the last possible moment to spring it on you. I am planning on the outing. I'll follow along at back and be slower than most I'm sure. Just clue me in as to where yer stops are and I tortoise on in.

Gas stops? I only seem to get around a hunnert miles to a tank full. Maybe it's running rich?

From-out-of-the-woods,

greg

PS Last time I ate at Warehouse, it was basement time too. The basement is way better than upstairs with the linen table cloths.

Hey Greg......Welcome aboard over here! I'm gettin' to be the Pied Piper of the XX board! :D

100 miles a tank.....Are you kiddin' me?!? :eek: Even I get 150, and mine's been re-jetted by the PO & definitely runs rich!

Don't worry about not keepin' up/fallin' behind. We like to have our fun, but we're like the Marines....Nobody gets left behind! ;)

Here's those links I mentioned.........

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=14205&highlight=pitt+daytrip

Here's the ride report, but I think you already saw it..........

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=14727&highlight=pitt+daytrip

Directions printing as we speak, er, write. I'll shred them so no unauthorized can read them. Just learned today that air patrol in area. Ticketing for following too close (how do you determine that from an aircraft?). How bad is the tax situation? Citations, a random tax. Jeez.

Guess may invest in a scanner. Or, at least some white paint and a nite or two to add white lines on the shoulder at various intervals to mess up their stopwatch timing. Hah!

Ain't never really figured mileage. Just had 659 miles on odo and five or six tankfuls, just ain't remembering. Ran to Mansfield and back and two bars showing on gauge after leaving with full tank. I do tend to run a lower gear...especially on the backroads we have here. Our main highway is the one your last trip was on! What twenty feet wide? Have been trying the different roads available locally. Decided that the ones with the tar strips for patching are going to be avoided for any leaning. I've been wide eyed twice now. Cornering confidence builds and I lean a bit and the bike moves over two feet (well feels like it). Four wheel drifts I know about, two wheel drifts are a bit much right now!

Okay scanned directions/instructions. No mention of time to meet at Mansfield junction. I'll look for the background sign (for the automall) and sit there. Or should I just stalk the highway? Lay in wait at an exit in between points. Nah, I'll just hook up at prearranged spot(s). Send me a time, please.

well I'm out. The kids have been askin to go camping before they go back to school and this weekend is all we could do that didn't have major plans we'd be messing up. Hopefully we could do another group ride before the snow flies!

Not sure if I can make it or not. Family is planning on having a "DAY" on Saturday. Which means I will have to ride over to Newark and make a presence, use my bike like the "Horse ride at the fair" for 10+ kids, then have them argue over how long I will live riding the "Devil" as my Grandma puts it.. :confused:

Not sure if I can make it or not. Family is planning on having a "DAY" on Saturday. Which means I will have to ride over to Newark and make a presence, use my bike like the "Horse ride at the fair" for 10+ kids, then have them argue over how long I will live riding the "Devil" as my Grandma puts it.. :confused:

That sux Kyle. Was hopin to get to ride with ya. :(

well I'm out. The kids have been askin to go camping before they go back to school and this weekend is all we could do that didn't have major plans we'd be messing up. Hopefully we could do another group ride before the snow flies!

Sorry to hear it Dweez.....Was lookin' forward to clownin' with 'ya again!! :D Did you guys ever do that "haunted" ride last weekend?

Thomez....Did you ever get the ZReX, and are you still in? I believe I still need your email addy to include you in the group planning. PM me