FS: 94 ZX9R

Mallard

It's time again to post my bike for sale. I have over $4000 invested in it and know I cannot get that much out of it. Make me a good offer and I'll probably accept it. I have not ridden the bike since last fall since I'm not at home much anymore. The engine ran fine when I put it away, but I have a feeling a plug wire needs to be replaced. (Buddy of mine f-d one up when pulling a spark plug.) There's a lot included and I'd consider selling it without some of the stuff for less (like the extra wheels), but I'm sure someone could part out the extra stuff on eBay fairly easily. Again, make me an offer if interested. Some trades maybe considered, but not really looking for one.

1994 ZX9R with a full Muzzy enhaust and a jet kit that I bought at the beginning of last summer. The bike needs some work and I was attempting to do it on my own. However, I do not have the time to complete this project. The previous owner dropped the bike, patched the faring and repainted the entire bike with a yellow spray can. I'll be honest, this paint job sucks. I did not like the way it looked so I started buying used bodywork with matching stock colors. (Pearl White, Purple and Green) I have a complete tail section with integrated turn signals, left faring, upper faring and gas tank all in good condition. I also have a tank bra that matchs the stock paint scheme. (Second Look I think).

I also have a second set of wheels that I stripped and started sanding/polishing. At this point the wheels have been stripped and I started sanding them down.

The buy price gets you: 94 ZX9R w/ yellow body work pictured with a Full Muzzy Exhaust and Jet Kit, Stock painted: Left Faring, Upper Faring, Tail Section, Gas Tank, Matching Second Look tank bra, Second set of wheels prepped for polishing, second set of rotors (used), and the Factory Service Manual and a color Hanes manual.

If you want to see anything specific please e-mail me at mall8469@kettering.edu

Condition:

I have replaced all the farings and gas tank with the stock colored parts. The only panal that is not the stock color is the right side faring.

When the previous owner dropped the bike he damaged the left faring and the upper faring (on the left side). He fixed these poorly but are complete. The handle bar took the brunt of the fall and the force cracked the top yoke of the triple tree. The crack is not growing so it's not in any immenent danger of breaking but I have a new/used triple clamp ready to go on. I was going to replace this when I did the fork seals, but I just don't have time.

The fork seals need to be replaced. I have all the parts needed and they are included.

The clutch is new. I just replaced it with a kevlar unit.

Second gear will not engage properly. This is a bent shift fork (a common problem on Kawasaki's) and I have not had time to deal with this problem. There are no gears grinding, it just pops out of second. When this happened I just skip shifted from 1 to 3.

The front tire is new (Bridgestone) and the rear needs to be replaced. (It's a Dunlop at the moment)

Engine runs great, and sounds great with the Muzzy!

ok, if you have Imagestation you should be able to see these pics. If not I'll try to upload some more later on another server.

In this album are pictures of everything included in the sale. The stock painted farings and tank are now on the bike and the ugly yellow farings just come with it.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288342613