American Motorcyclist Association approves sale of AMA Pro Racing

CbrGirl

http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2008/prosale.asp

American Motorcyclist Association approves sale of AMA Pro Racing to Daytona Motorsports Group

Posted July 10, 2008

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) announced today that the Association's Board of Directors has unanimously approved the final agreement regarding the sale of certain of its AMA Pro Racing properties to the Daytona Motorsports Group (DMG) based in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Under the terms of the sale, DMG will own the sanctioning, promotional and management rights to AMA Pro Racing. The sale does not include the rights to the AMA Supercross and AMA Arenacross Series, which are held by Live Nation and will continue to be sanctioned by the AMA.

The AMA and DMG will provide additional information in a joint announcement at a later date.

Atleast Spies will be gone next year kawikid so it will be more interesting.

I'm with you though, it gets old watching the Ben and Matt show.

Atleast I'm a bigger WSBK and GP guy than AMA. But I want AMA to be big because we need more respect in the USA. This country has the least respect for sportbikes than any other country.

I saw Spies a few weeks ago in a MotoGP event, and apparently he was at Assen but they elected not to run him on a track he'd never been on before.

I'd say he's movin' on up - make AMA a bit more interesting w/o him.