Pentium 4 3.0C (S478 CPU) & Gigabyte Mainboard

Razorback

Okay I just ordered a new mainboard and CPU for my computer so my old mainboard and CPU need to go.

The CPU is an OEM 12-capacitor Pentium 4 3.0C cpu (800MHz FSB) socket 478. This does not include a heatsink but I do have an aftermarket heatsink available for it that I'll let go for a bit extra (it's an Aero 4 copper heatsink/fan - requires Intel heatsink mounting block to be installed on the mainboard - see below).

The mainboard is a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-L (865PE Chipset) - Retail. My CPU was watercooled so the mounting block for the stock heatsink has been removed. I still have the stock mounting block but the plastic holding clips have been removed (during the removal process they were quite difficult to remove, so rather than risk damaging the board I simply clipped the ends off to safely remove the mounting block). I'm sure you could find a way to replace the plastic rivots, but would highly recommend someone who wants to watercool or use aftermarket air cooling that requires removal of the mounting block (since it's obviously already removed) to purchase this as it's already ready for you. I have had zero problems with this mainboard, it has been very reliable and very stable. I have had zero problems with any of the ports or the BIOS.

CPU: $145

Mainboard: $45 (includes retail box, driver CD, extra cables that were included with the board)

These things are still in my computer (in fact I'm posting this on that same computer using the aforementioned for sale CPU and Mainboard) -- my new stuff will be here Monday so I just wanted to gauge interest and possibly find a buyer before I actually do the upgrade to save these things from having to go on ebay. :)

I would greatly prefer to sell these as a pair so if you want both I'll knock $10 off and sell them at $180 together.

Feel free to PM me or E-Mail me with any questions as well, thanks very much!

E-Mail: pgray2@columbus.rr.com

• 2 weeks later...

Just sold the processor alone for $150. I still have the mainboard, it's on ebay if you want to bid on it. Opening bid is $25, I think buy it now is like $49.99 or something like that. Feel free to check them out, links are in the post above yours. Thanks!