DPFI to MPFI

Guest fixerupper

Guest fixerupper
What exactly does the switch entail? I mean will I shoot myself or could it be done possibly with minor headaches? I also wanted to know if it's worth anything to keep the engine in a 89 Civic DX as compared to dropping in my Integra engine... I know it's slightly stupid as I've been told, but will I actually gain anything in the switch? Besides HP?

the mpfi swap will require manifold, tb, injectors, fuel rail and regulator from a d16a6 I have heard that it really wakes the d15 up, you will have to modify the injector harness also. IIRC the 88 teg has a ZC in it but something was funkey about it compared to the jdm ZCs came from EFs and it wasnt a direct swap into the EF chassis, I may be wrong about that though. A worthwile low buck swap is a d16z6(sohc vtec) from a 92-95 ex or si. this motor can take moderate boost in stock form and isnt bad n/a in the lightweight chassis. I have one for sale if you are interested. Another option is a b series. These will be more pricy out of the box, but are better motors to begin with. I believe there is an early b16 that will drop into an ef wothout mount kits(may be wrong again) but the rest will require the hasport mounts.

Guest fixerupper
Ok Thanks, but another question, if I do use the d16a6 then are there any prefab mounts out there I could use, or do I have to make them on my own? I have the sources for a project, but I don't like spending all the time. Mind you the engine is coming from an LS chassis, if that makes any difference. Also what do you mean the swap will wake the D15 up? Is it enough to be worth just that swap? Also what about wiring, I was told that I would have to swap everything straight down to the ECU?

Ok Thanks, but another question, if I do use the d16a6 then are there any prefab mounts out there I could use, or do I have to make them on my own? I have the sources for a project, but I don't like spending all the time. Mind you the engine is coming from an LS chassis, if that makes any difference. Also what do you mean the swap will wake the D15 up? Is it enough to be worth just that swap? Also what about wiring, I was told that I would have to swap everything straight down to the ECU?

hondatech would be a better place to get real answers but you dont have to swap the whole harness just part of the injector harness and the ecu