I heard a rumor!

ChevyMan1972

I haven't heard anything. I looked into going that route, but figured, to do it right, it would be too much money to dump into a car that I'll be bored with in the next year. I'd love to see a TT Z06, though; done correctly, it would be unique and, of course, a monster.

Yeah, that was one of the kits we were considering for my car. However, if I remember correctly, there were some serious concerns with the bottom ends holding that sort of power. Essentially, 640rwhp or whatever on 9psi is awesome on a "stock" Z06, but how long will that "stock" Z06 be able to withstand that power?

And what do you mean catch Anthony? In the 1/4? Nah, not too interested in those bragging rights.

Besides, I'm probably putting down something similar to those 9psi numbers now with just that little 10-pound bottle in the trunk. What exactly would I be upgrading to then? $10K for the sound of a BOV?

That's the kit I've been eyeballing for some time now. I just have to find a way to pay for it. I keep having this debate with myself, as to whether I want to buy an '06 R6 or mod the vette. If I were to mod the vette, that is the route I would go. Granted, the complete kits still aren't out yet (carbon fiber pieces are held up), but some people have fabbed some of their own parts and are just starting to get them running. I love the design of that kit though. Now to find $9,000 to buy stage 1, and hope I don't break anything else, which inevitably will happen.

10K to not need to run Juice all the time and be able to run on 93 Octane. But yeah.. i would prolly spend another chunk building the block to support say 15PSI or more and then really have a 800HP Vette.

What kinda of gas do you think John runs. We can run 93 all day long, we just choose not to.

I think that this kit is a little different, but someone posted a thread on here before about them. I think that its the kit that locates the turbo's near the rear of the car? This kit was introduced on Hot Rod Tv. Does anyone know the name or where these kits are at?

Dan

you don't want the rear mount kit. talk about turbo lag. its STS remote mount turbo kit, http://www.ststurbo.com, there is an article about them putting it on a LT1 camaro in the october issue of Super Chevy page 120. has a silver 69 camaro on the cover and says "make big power."

Have you driven a car with a setup on it ? I was told that they played with AR's and such a to make up for the distance for the manafold

it was beat to death on another board, it does make more power but according to super chevy "the STS system produces around 5psi, but methanol injection kit is available, with allows you to produes 7psi." you have to add a oil pump to your car but it comes with the kit. on a stock LT1 it took the power from 302hp@4000 to 385hp@5300 with 7psi of boost. LS1 cars went from 311hp@5500 to 413hp@5000 with 5psi and 442@4000 with 7psi. good improvement but for $4000 i wouldn't buy it

I thought he said he runs CAM2. If your not knocking i had always be told that the lower the octane the better for power.

i think since Sam and Tilley have tuned the shit out of their cars and they feel that it can run that fuel safely, there prolly right. im just guessing though ;)

If you look at all of the piping involved with a lot of v8 turbo setups, you will see that the piping length isnt really the biggest issue with the kit. I have other beefs with it but for ease of install, I think sts did a hell of a job. The kits make power, period. This comming from someone that builds "traditional" turbo kits for a living.

I thought he said he runs CAM2. If your not knocking i had always be told that the lower the octane the better for power.

I usually run a mix of 94 and 100. I could run straight 94 (and have) and I've run it without any problems (e.g., detonation). However, my approach (and I think this is Sam's as well) is that it's always better to be safe than sorry. So, if I can afford to run 100, why wouldn't I? Not that I have to, I just want to. Simple as that.