Sprocket and Chain info

Crash1647545504

what size is your front sprocket? You really shouldnt go smaller than 15 on the front...

1 down in the front is like 2-3 up on the rear. Most will probably suggest 1 down, 2 up for a 600, but that all depends on your bike and what you want it to do. Remember the more you go up on the rear (or down in front), the lower your top speed will be. But the acceleration is much better.

Ask yourself how do you want it to perform, compared to stock...

You want a hardened steel front sprocket, and an aluminum rear. Be sure to get a new lock washer for the front sprocket nut as well.

You should replace sprockets and chains at the same time, as a new/old combo will wear the new part out faster.

Since you will be getting a new chain and sprockets, consider getting a 520 conversion... The chain is lighter than OEM, but still plenty strong. Go with an O-ring, or X-ring chain. I recommend only a rivet style master link. Of course, if you get a 520 chain, be sure you get 520 sprockets.

or you could sell me the gift card for $50. ;)

no it is much easier (as in like 1 bolt) plus fairings, to go 1 down in the front but again its all in what you want. I noticed about a 5 to 7 mph change in speedo and abotu a 5 mph drop in top speed on the 750. Although i took care of that with the bottle until 15 to 1 hit me at turners.. lol

Cool, Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to go by Iron pony and checking out prices today after work. I may just go one down in the front for now, and see how I like that. Then maybe in a few weeks, I will do the rear sprocket and the chain, since the tire is going to need changed around that time anyway.