Two weeks from now, Sat. July 26th

thomez

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on Rt.21 and I zipped by a group of Harley's and then one of them tried to catch up to me for whatever reason, so I showed him some Jap power. Why do they do that? Anyways, I had a nice relaxing ride. I did see some water on my way back but it only lasted for about 5 minutes or so. Nice to meet everyone...

Hey, my clothes and my bike match my personality to a certain degree. Actually, I had no intention of getting that bike when I saw it but you know how things are. Life is short, seize the day, grab her ass, ect...

Well we started from the Rocky River Heinens Parking lot

The following people showed up:

davidrosso

shittygsxr

thomez

Madmax33

Kosmo

we started with a 40mph relaxing ride through the valley parkway, stopped at the Wallace lake and then hit the riverside road. I was leading and tried to be a smartass in a 20 mph double curve and tried to take it at 50mph......got the answer right there....shit

the first one went fine but could not flick the bike to enough lean on the second one and went wide...braked hard at the last moment :nono: in the curve, rear tire all over and slid off the road onto the grass at around 3-5 mph (man almost did it but not all of it, that makes the difference). No rashes even on the leathers, the bike lower fairing got scratched but nothing as bad that I have to replace. Thank god not a scratch on me. It started right away, we were cruising again in 5 minutes :D

Stopped at the peninsula winking lizard for lunch, then thomez said bye, we rode 303 west and Madmax33 took the 71 south. We took 83 north and splitted at I-90 west and east. Nice ride and not a drop of rain.

Nice to meet all of you guys, was a fun ride.

From left:

shittygsxr's YZFR1

Kosmo's ZZR600

davidrosso's Silverwing

Madmax33's CBR1000RR

thomez's ZRX1200R

DSCN1490.jpg

Wallace Lake

thomez on the bench, Madmax33 in white shirt and leather and in the back david rosso in the blue riding jacket and shittygsxr in olive t-shirt and jeans, I am behind the camera :D

DSCN1491.jpg

Well I came home and started searching for a new jacket (since I could now swim in my 3XL from last year) and bought a perforated leather Joe Rocket SuperMoto on sale.... hopefully it is actually available like the website states it is.

Picture for reference

jacket-1.jpg

Kosmo, you inspired me man :)

Tonight as I write this it's raining pretty good. Let Nature have her fun so tomorrow I can have my fun. I actually saw some hail today as well. Cosmo, just remember to mentally prepare yourself before a turn and you can usually make it out OK. I remember how that Keith Code book mentioned how you need to purge yourself of SR(survival reactions) before you really get into aggressive riding, like braking or chopping the throttle in a turn. I find myself still making errors after 11,000 miles on both a 600RR and then moving up to the 1000. Honda bikes are very forgiving, for the most part. I did see a 20mph turn that could be done doing 55 but it was after your little spill. Everything ended up pretty well and I got to show a Harley dude what a real motorcycle can do. See you tomorrow?

Hey guys, i just got back in town a little bit ago, I'll get the picture from Winking Lizzard up in a little while. I had fun on the ride, was nice meeting you all, ShittyGxsr we'll have to get together some other time here in C-bus. Aside from watching Kosmo and his bike flyin thru the air and landin in the brush it was a great time ;)

Extremely glad you were not hurt, and the bike seemed to come out of it okay too. That was the first "mishap" (sounds better than accident) I witnessed firsthand, I keep replayin it in my head, from my position (third) I saw it happen as I was at the bottom of the curve, Shittygxsr was mid and Kosmo at the top. In my head I'm like...that did not just happen did it, holly shit that DID just happen. It was very surreal.

Anyway. Glad you were not hurt Kosmo!

That's OK, Cosmo had an even better time when he came down south for a bit, without any mishaps I might add. Funny that he should wreck on that ride as opposed to where I took him the next day. We were carving some corners and we missed having a little Silverwing to watch our backs...

:lol:

For my life...it's like "that signature"

"Push until you crash, then back of a little bit"

I used to do time enduros and seeing the pavement/dirt/mud was routine, not lately but still have the same mindset.;)

After reading about Inyazz, I'm thinkin we shoulda all stayed home this weekend :( Hopefully he'll be alright!

Here is the pic from lunch at Winking Lizard in Peninsula, nice face there MadMax :D

Left to right...Kosmo, MadMax, Thomez, me in the red, Shittygsxr on my right.

WinkingLizard-2008-07-26.jpg