WTT solid axle for Cobra IRS

martindc1

I posted this a couple months ago but the original seems to have been lost. Anyways, I would like to trade my 8.8 solid axle for a Cobra IRS. The axle is a 97 Cobra with FRPP 4.10s installed with a new traction-loc. The gears probably have 2000 miles on them. I had the cover off a while back and everything looked perfect. There is no whine and no leaks. I am now getting more serious about this swap as my autocross season concludes at the end of October. If I don't find anyone to trade with and I buy an IRS unit the solid axle will then be for sale. If interested PM or email me: wk223000 at yahoo dot com. I would prefer an 03-04 unit as it has the 3.55 gears I need but will consider a 99 or 01 unit.

Yeah I was going to ask you how it was. When the time comes I may get ahold of you for a few specifics if that is ok. Do you know of any leads on any IRS units?

Everyone I know looking for a solid wants a 99+ rear.

i've got a Mark8 subframe with Cobra half shafts. not sure if that will help. Though I'm not willing to trade (I have no boat in need of an anchor), I'm willing to let it go cheap. comes with your choice of 3:27 open, 3:73 track lock, or 4:30 track lock pumpkins (price depnds on which you pick) ;)

I'm interested in the 4.30 pumpkin....

let me know what you need for t-bird parts I'm getting ready to gut mine :)

Nothing. :p I'm eyeing the cougar and seeing dollar signs, may be time for it to split soon.

I'm probably going to ebay my 2 pumpkins, unless I get a great offer here. They fetch a healthy price even without the locker and steep gears.

My brother has a 99 Cobra convertible (mint condition with 15K miles). He has mentioned before that he'd want to swap for a solid axle. He has signed up for this forum, but can't see any threads or post anything yet (username will be "Dingleweed".) I'll check with him, but he is out of town for a week.

My brother has a 99 Cobra convertible (mint condition with 15K miles). He has mentioned before that he'd want to swap for a solid axle. He has signed up for this forum, but can't see any threads or post anything yet (username will be "Dingleweed".) I'll check with him, but he is out of town for a week.

PM received will respond :)