2nd Offense Before 18

Kevin R.

I was just curious if anyone has gone through this before.

I'm a little confused on the steps to get my license reinstated.

I have privelages right now, but it says I will need to pay $30 and purchase a temporary permit packet. Does this mean that I have to drive with an adult? I don't see how they can give me my temps again when I have been allowed to drive legally throughout my suspension to work and school. It just doesn't make sense. I am also 18 now.

Any information on the process?

Just looking on what to expect because the BMV is not a stress-free place to handle unwanted situations.

And I know I brought it upon myself, cant do anything now.

I lost mine before I was 18. I can't remember at all what I had to do. I think I called the BMV up and asked what to do. Hopefully they won't screw you around with your paperwork like they did mine. It's suppose to be you lose your license for 90 days, my paperwork (which they dicked me on) was flipped around for awhile and it really took 6 months to get my license back. Went to some BMV an hour away (was trying to cut the paper trail down to get my L back sooner) and waited 2 hours, just for them to tell me that my papers got sent to a different BMV. Good luck.

Turns out they had no record of my suspension at the BMV, which is something I assumed happened becaused they sent my "Juvenile Driver Improvement" program certificate back in the mail to me, which they were supposed to keep.

I told the lady it was suspended and she said they had no record, so that all I needed to do was go get a duplicate license next door.

Came out to $19.50 and I'm a registered driver again.

Think that kind of irks me is that I could have gone and gotten my license back months ago, but I served the full suspension, which is probably a good thing though if something ever goes wrong with this situation.

Oh well, I'm happy. :D Saved a lot of money.

Really? I don't think so because they gave me all sorts of papers that said I need to go to the BMV. Also, I had to take a Juvenile Driving Course which I received a certificate for, which they said the BMV would hold until I went to reinstate my license. Well, the BMV sent that back to me about 4 weeks into my suspension saying they did not know about any suspension.

I think somewhere along the way information was no transfered or something.

Its b/c you was 17 when you got the ticket the the suspension. and as soon as you turn 18 it is all droped off your record. Did you have to take the driving test again b/c what they did for me was, i got them susp. when i was 17 and when i turned 18 they just make it look like you never had a license other then a temp and then i just had to pay the 19.5 for the temp packet and take the test over again.

I lost my license for 6mos for acting like a jackass like most kids do when they get there license,well I had a court suspension 17 at the time, and had to a take a Juvenile Driving Course, took the course had to go back to the court house show proof of the class, then when june came around I went back to the court house, signed a few papers and was a licesened driver again

Mark