Winter Storage

NOS50

Any recommendations on storing cars for the winter.The Mustang will be going to my Dads to a detached garage and the IS300 will stay at my house in my attached garage(the wife gets the other spot).I will be starting them frequently but not driving them.Should I jack them up and take the tires/wheels off,park them on anything or just let them sit?

Let them sit. Make sure you have a full tank of gas in each one with some Sta-Bil added. This prevents deterioration of the gas and condensation forming inside the tank.

You don't need to jack them up. Flat spots are mostly a thing of the past due to the newer compunds used in today's tires, along with the fact it'll only be sitting a few months.

Disconnect the battery or run a trickle charger to it to keep it alive. Make sure to close everything up, and block off intake/exhaust holes if there's rodents running around.

Let them sit. Make sure you have a full tank of gas in each one with some Sta-Bil added. This prevents deterioration of the gas and condensation forming inside the tank.

You don't need to jack them up. Flat spots are mostly a thing of the past due to the newer compunds used in today's tires, along with the fact it'll only be sitting a few months.

Disconnect the battery or run a trickle charger to it to keep it alive. Make sure to close everything up, and block off intake/exhaust holes if there's rodents running around.

I thought most fuel tanks were plastic? You dont need to worry about condensation with a plastic tank.

I store everything pretty empty. Run sta-bil in it the last time out, so it goes through the fuel system. Sta-bil prevents gas from gumming up. Does not prevent octane loss. You can lose 4-7 points of octane a month. Fill it all up with high test next spring. If you are worried about condensation, pour a few things of dry gas into the tank (works fine in cars, never dump it into a boat).

Also, pour some baking soda on a plate or bucket lid, absorbs a lot of smells over the 6mos.

If you are going to start them up every so often, make sure they get run for a while. Oil needs to get hot. Ever pull an oil cap off that was all snotty underneath? That is from oil not getting hot enough to get the condensation out.