Turbo parts

SPLN SUX

I did some searching and didnt come up with a whole lot but i was wondering if anyone knows any good websites for mitsubishi turbo parts. I have this 16T here and im ready to gut the shit out of it and make a crazy turbo with it... just need parts :p

Thanks in advance.

-Schall

Its a 16T. Im basically looking to rebuild this thing with a 18G or 20G compressor wheel/shaft. The trick is to keep the stock turbine housing for the quick spooling, but do a clip on the turbine wheel to raise the topend a bit.

I just need to find a place with lots of parts so i can make it all fit :D

The 16t is just the volvo tag for the manner in which the outlet is shaped.

The 20G compressor wheel is usually housed in a td05 so I dont see how you would fit that in there without major modification. Frankly, I dont see it being worth the work for such a small turbo. Granted the stock volvo turbos are as big as a quarter but could the 16t be that significant of a performance increase.

The 16t is just the volvo tag for the manner in which the outlet is shaped.

The 20G compressor wheel is usually housed in a td05 so I dont see how you would fit that in there without major modification. Frankly, I dont see it being worth the work for such a small turbo. Granted the stock volvo turbos are as big as a quarter but could the 16t be that significant of a performance increase.

The 16T is a pretty big jump from the factory 12T. The 12T is only a 265cfm turbo... practicaly nothing. The 16T is a 435cfm... the 20G, 650cfm. The 14T housing can be machined to fit a Big 16G wheel... one person has done it already. After some research, i found that the 16G, 18G, and 20G all had the same exducer size, the inducers were different. So in theory, if i can machine the compressor housing enough, the 20G wheel should fit.

I really want to keep the 12T side for 3 reasons... :

1. Its a factory fit... on Volvos, you cant beat that.

2. The spool time.

3. It will still look factory. In order to do this right, i have to preserve the cars factory appearence.

1. Its a factory fit... on Volvos, you cant beat that.

2. The spool time.

3. It will still look factory. In order to do this right, i have to preserve the cars factory appearence.

it's going to be hiding under your hood anyway... why not just go big while at it?

i think thats going to cost lots of money for little gain..

you want a gold star? j/k but yea i know what you mean. It's hard to do something thats now what everyone is doing b/c lack of support. But then it's pretty rewarding b/c not everyone is doing it. FIGHT THE MAN!