His Dudeness

El Karacho1647545492

So, tonight BU was holding this viewing of The Big Lebowski, one of the staple films of Americana, and to introduce and field questions about the movie among other things was The Dude himself. Not Jeff Bridges, but the man who "The Dude" character was based on, a man named Jeff Dowd. He actually does slam white russians, he actually does go by "The Dude", and for all you former Kerry supporters, he was in Columbus during the presidential race promoting a video about Kerry showing what his experience in Vietnam was like. I don't care what you think politically. Personally, I didn't care what he thought. I was just honored to be in the presence of The Dude.

So, yeah, this thread will probably fall into the abyss of boringdom, but I thought you might all like to be distracted for a short time.

Actually, the dude has a book coming out soon called "The Dude Abides". Then some dumbfuck film major hippie wannabe tried to get all philosophical on our asses and ask him if there was any significant meaning in the phrase "The Dude Abides" since it is the last line, and is it more than just a story about the dude?

After hearing that, the dude just made fun of him and told him not to read into the movie too much.