4 Hours Later.....

exSRAaron

Isn't it a little traumatic to see your bike all torn down like that? When we took the fairings and side cover off to replace it, I was like, my poor baby.... and that for just a minor repair.

Yeah!! I'm just hoping when its all back together i dont have a handful of bolts and screws leftover! :lol:

The new motor is brand spanking new? 0 miles?

How much?

What was wrong with the stock motor?

Gees Nick i didnt know i was getting interrogated! 5,500 miles, 900 bucks with ohioriders discount and i gave em my old motor (thanks Justin for helping me out) Previous owner split the cost with me :cool: (stand-up guy)

Basically, when i bought the bike it was leaking a lil oil, i had figured it was coming from the case cover. When i finally got around to checking it out, i realized one of the previous owners had cracked the corner of the transmission housing and had rewelded it, and tried to rethread the holes with JB-weld. It was a huge bummer when i first saw it, but i tried to fix it the best i could and stop the leaks but I just couldnt manage to stop it. I talked to the previous owner and he apologized for it, and had no clue that had happened. Got everything worked out and here we are today. I managed to put almost 1000 miles and did two group rides with the poopy motor. All in all, I'm happy.

Aaron

yeah motor swaps are pretty easy on bikes. I put a new one in my 750 (bought it with a blown motor) and honest to god we had the motor out of the truck and in the bike in about 15 min., and it was running in under an hour. This was also with 2 pretty accomplished mechanics working on the job, but hey, it WAS our first time working on a bike :lol:

P.S. If you don't have parts left over, you did something wrong. Never fails.

I saw that, mine's better tho!! I was gonna put the "NWS" icon but i knew that wouldnt fly lol....

3 hours later and its almost all back together. Should have it up and running tomorrow morning. I also changed out the rear rotor for a new one and put some EBC pads on there. Engine Ice is going in tomorrow also.

Isn't it a little traumatic to see your bike all torn down like that? When we took the fairings and side cover off to replace it, I was like, my poor baby.... and that for just a minor repair.

Rememeber what the Accord looked like with no motor, trans, suspension, and interior

Yeah!! I'm just hoping when its all back together i dont have a handful of bolts and screws leftover! :lol:

Weight savings and fixing what engineers over thought