82 corvette question

Jimmy Notchback

My stepdad has an 82 corvette with crossfire injection. The car stays in high idle and won't drop down. He tried to adjust the idle and could only get it to low or to high. I know nothing about these cars so he asked me if I could post on here and get some ideas on how to adjust it properly or what the problem might be. Thanks in advance for any help.

The throttle bodies get a vacuum leak in the throttle blade bushings. This is a very common problem for the Cross-Fire units. Go to a Corvette Forum and they usually have a section on problems and that is the most common vacuum leak for the 82 and 84 Corvette. The bushings if I remember are machined into the units and some companies offered a service to rebuild the units and machine a new shaft to stop the vacuum leak.

There Is A Dude Down On 665 & 71 Who Has The Same Set Up You Are Talking About His Name Is Eddie Millard He Has A Shop Right At The Exit He Is Very Good With The Cross Fire Cars & He Can Make Them Run .