Wreck/Accident Stories

Guest MissTypeS

Guest MissTypeS

Hi everyone-

I just got word that my brand new 2006 RSX Type S needs a completely new engine (quoted $6,000 before labor) on top of the other $8,000 in damages done with assistance from the towing company who dragged my car over a fire hydrant (long story). Apparently the oil pan was ripped off, then the car was started to try to dislodge it. The car has been in the shop for 3 weeks, and another 2 are estimated.

Anyway, I couldn't be more depressed about this whole situation and was hoping that you all have similar stories to share so I don't feel like the only one this stuff happens to. The reason I have my RSX in the first place is because my GS-R got totaled by a pair of Jeep Cherokees last month, so needless to say I've had about enough with the car situations.

I'm sure you all have some horror stories, so spill it!

P.S. Big thanks to David Young @ True 2 Form for putting up with my phone calls everyday.

Hi everyone-

I just got word that my brand new 2006 RSX Type S needs a completely new engine (quoted $6,000 before labor) on top of the other $8,000 in damages done thanks to the towing company dragging my car over a fire hydrant (long story). Apparently they ripped the oil pan off, then attempted to start my car, which of course was the worst thing they could possibly do. The car has been in the shop for 3 weeks, and another 2 are estimated.

Anyway, I couldn't be more depressed about this whole situation and was hoping that you all have similar stories to share so I don't feel like the only one this stuff happens to. The reason I have my RSX in the first place is because my GS-R got totaled by a pair of Jeep Cherokees last month, so needless to say I've had about enough with the car situations.

I'm sure you all have some horror stories, so spill it!

P.S. Big thanks to David Young @ True 2 Form for putting up with my phone calls everyday.

what tow company did that

Guest MissTypeS
I'd rather not get into it just yet - not until I know for certain whether or not they're going to court. Once I get my car back and everything is taken care of I have every intention of reporting the company to the Better Business Bureau and see if Channel 6 would be interested in investigating them for unethical business practices.

Guest MissTypeS

Yeah I've been very impressed with T2F so far, and I've heard nothing but great things about them from other people, so my hopes are high for the end result.

I was swerving to avoid a potentially drunk driver coming left of center towards my car, ran a curb and ended up with my front right end lodged on the hydrant. I guess it was essentially "illegally parked" but it was a result of something else.

Happy happy joy joy.

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/03Wreck4.jpg

My Wifes 03 WRX when she went across the riverside curve bridge and the city decided not to salt that morning. She hit the Concrete divider head on at 45. Walked away and the cop wrote her for failure to control, then shutdown the freeway and had them de-ice the bridge. He wrote that in the report, we got a copy of it and went to court and had the failure to control dismissed. F-in CPD!

The car was a total loss, but as you can see no glass broke, and the doors opened just fine like it never happened. This is why we drive Imprezas. I was T-boned in my 02 and the same thing. Walked away with no injuries.

Guest MissTypeS

Oh my god DF, that looks terrible - were you injured? What the hell happened anyway?

(Thank you for sharing... as horrible as it sounds it makes me feel better.)

SG thank you as well. I'm glad to hear she walked away from it - I'm sure it scared the crap out of her. I too was cited for failure to control and have a court date to try to get the points off my license. The cop said he wouldn't show (and if he did, wouldn't fight), so we'll see.

Sorry to hear about everyone's losses.

Yeah I've been very impressed with T2F so far, and I've heard nothing but great things about them from other people, so my hopes are high for the end result.

I was swerving to avoid a potentially drunk driver coming left of center towards my car, ran a curb and ended up with my front right end lodged on the hydrant. I guess it was essentially "illegally parked" but it was a result of something else.

Happy happy joy joy.

Oh I see, I must have mis-read your post, I thought the tow company towed it and dragged your car over a hydrant somehow.

Guest MissTypeS

No, he just made no effort to jack the car up to get the hyrant out before wenching it, so he ended up dragging the car over the hydrant (all of the weels were lifted off the ground in the proccess, so the weight of my car rested on the undercarriage).

haha Thanks Mojoe, I'm glad to be able to fit in. Sort of.

Oh my god DF, that looks terrible - were you injured? What the hell happened anyway?

(Thank you for sharing... as horrible as it sounds it makes me feel better.)

Broken neck in two places, three broken ribs, pulled every tendon/ligament in my arms, skin missing on the back of my head, temporary paralized and blind, some other minor shit.

I'm alive and walking, so I don't complain about it.

Guest MissTypeS

The other car did not stop, I did not get any information aside from it being a dark color and mid-size. Not sure if the cop will show- he works the 10pm-6am shift and lives 75 minutes away, so an 8:30am court appointment may or may not be on his agenda. Who knows.

DF that sounds absolutely terrible. I can only image what you've gone through to recover. What happened to the Lexus driver?

I have been in four accidents in my driving career since 16. The first one I was tired and I fell asleep and ran off the road into a ditch, I drive the 4 hours home with a bent control arm and got it fixed in the body shop. The second one I was rear ended and it totalled out the accord I owned. The third one I was coming home from being in Connecticut for my grandmothers funeral and driving my brothers integra and again got rear ended and car was totalled out. The fourth one I merely hit the bumper of the car in front of me nothing major and if I was not on my way to the airport I would of paid out of pocket. I still need to fix my lights from that now that I mention it.

In civilian world I'm accident free, but while in Iraq was behind a 5 ton truck that took a corner too quick and flipped. It rolled on it's side and the 2 inside escaped alright. The fun shit started taking place after we were trying to recover the 5-ton, we started getting ambushed by small arms fire from all over it seemed. Needless to say that was a fun accident.

I was swerving to avoid a potentially drunk driver coming left of center towards my car,

If you have reason to suspect they are drunk, I would let them hit more. That way, there's more of a chance of them stopping (especially if it's a hard hit), which means a far better chance of them getting locked up. I personally try to avoid swerving to miss anything, as the chances of something worse happening (like in your situation) are too high. I've been known to swerve at cars on the highway if they are having trouble staying in their lane. I have no problem with causing someone else to wreck if they aren't driving safely to begin with, at least it would get them off the road for a while.

As for my stories....I was sitting in a ditch facing the way I came from about 3 hours after I got my drivers license when I was 16. I hit the gas too hard too early in a turn. The tow truck driver thought it would be nice to call the state highway patrol, so I got a ticket for failure to control.

Second one was about 3.5 years ago. I was screwing with the CD player and didn't notice everyone in front of me slamming on their brakes. I managed to bleed of some speed, but i still rear ended a full size chevy truck at about 30 mph. I bent the frame, pushed the fan into the water pump, and needed every body part in front of the firewall replaced. I got the truck back a month later. The truck I hit needed its bumper pulled back out a little bit, but was otherwise fine.

i wrecked my Viper 3 years ago this Thanksgiving....what a wild ride that was...high speed wreck, went airborne, lost control, took out a telephone pole a tree or 2 then did some acrobatic flips over a ravine. i came out with a fractured ankle and crushed femur.

there were pics on here a while ago, don't know if they are still around though.