agggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest FBody Addict

Guest FBody Addict

started cam swap and exhaust upgrade on my tpi 305 at 10am friday morning, crane cam, comp springs, and flowmaster american thunder exhaust system

30,000 sq foot shop with no heat other then a salamander that runs off diesel, kerosene, or jet fuel, but we get deisel instead of kerosene because it's cheaper even though it burns dirtiest

12 o clock, everyone outside sick from fumes

everything comes apart just fine and get the cam and springs in with no problem

putting it back together, which we start at 5 saturday, i got the manifold and runners back on no prob other then i left two pushrods in the lifter valley, which i was able to retrieve with an extendable magnet stick through the oil drainback holes

the plenum is somehow warped and the guy who too the power steering and alternator brackets apart can't remember how they go back together (power steering bracket was also part of ac bracket which was removed and ps bracket modified for headers)

can anyone lend a hand tomorrow morning ~10 am i need to get this thing moving tomorrow the shop is on courtright court, off courtright road just south of livingston between james and hamilton, the neighborhood sucks and you can park inside if you wish to help call 657-0710

the list at the moment is to

finish bolting on the plenum

get the alternator and psp installed

hang the exhaust

install rocker arms and adjust them

install the radiator

mount oil pressure guage

Guest FBody Addict

what about heating the top of the plenum with a torch so the top expands and allows the bolts to line up

it is warped up at both ends like a 2x4 across two sawhorses with a cinderblock sitting in the middle, just enough to keep the end bolt holes from lining up, of course the runners may have warped as well

I am only guessing that by "the plenum is warped", you are just having issues getting the bolts started? If so, start the inner-most bolts very loosely, and continue out from the middle one by one. Leave them all VERY loose until they are all started.

Another option is to start and tighten the farthest out bolts first, and see if the warping comes under control enough to start the middle ones.

Guest FBody Addict
why not just drop a 350 in it?

when i get back from basic training i'm going to drop the scoggin dickey 350 tpi crate motor with vortec heads in i'm just putting the cam in because two lobes are wiped clean and i had a bad injector

Guest FBody Addict
I am only guessing that by "the plenum is warped", you are just having issues getting the bolts started?

no, i got the middle bolts in and the holes at either end are both 1/8" too high

Guest FBody Addict

got the runner back on--- i was way too buzzed from having to use the salamander heater and when i went to work on it today everything went smooth as silk(left it off today)--- i used a fernco coupling with a plug to pressurize the top end and couldn't find any leaks--- got the exhaust hung-looks sweet as hell 3" dual chrome tips- now i just need to drop the radiator back in, get the accessories back on and time it

and my helper bailed on me and left me at the shop alone off livingston where guys hang out on the corner down the street selling crack with no ride home, thankfully my boss showed up