Anyone in here running a home built turbo setup?

Mattsv8

Im planning on building a turbo set up for my 82 S10. at one time it was supercharged with a 6-71. i was thinking of a 8-71 BDS with airlock rotors but figured the only cool part about that would be the look. the power would only be about 700. Im thinking of trying to use stainlessworks turbo hedders. and either two 60-1, 62-1, or a single t-88 or t-91 but thats really huge. it will be intercooled and im going to do it with a carb shop blow through carb setup with a procharger competition carb bonnet. and racing bov. the wastegate will be a newgen from turbonetics. any help would be appreciated or any ideas. thanks all.

on another question didnt want to post a new question but this one is important too. Anyone in here running a good tq converter. i just blew a TCI 10" with anti balloning plates and 4500 stall. im looking for a new converter jegs says go with a tci 8"race converter. i just wanted to see if anyone in here as tried anything else and how long has it lasted? Im planning on still driving to the track and running and driving back like always.

Guest 408turbostang
whats your comp. do u got a transbrake and a single 76mm would probaly be tits for what ur wanting to do still good drivability and fast spool up time onother thing u can do is find a holset hx37w off of a 98 or newer cummins truck alot of people are using those for homebuilt setups

yea its got a hipsters pro tree trans brake. what is the output on the t76 i was looking at one from turbonetics for 1500. looks to me like it will only do about 1000 hp. witch is a lot but im looking for arround 1200-1300. the banks kit would work great in my truck but the 60-1 turbos will only do 1100 hp at best. id have to spray the rest. thats why i kinda wanted like a t88 and i could just spray out of the hole to spool it. anyone in here runnin a big single like a t88:??

Guest 408turbostang
from what i herd there are 1400 rwhp stangs on a single t 76 but they are aruning a little higher compresion aroun 9.0 to 1 but it is a very good turbo best around for good street and strip to big and a bunch of lag

it would be worth checking in to because the t76 has a 4" inlet and will allow a air cleaner the t-88 has a bellows oppening and no way to mount a air filter. well at least the ones im seing on turbonetics site and its cheeper. do you know what cbin there motors are?

No its a tubbed truck 4 link rear. im planning on addind a ballast bar to add led shot to to make it hook harder or softer. and the converter will proably be a 5500 stall. id like a 4500 but getting one in a 8" diameter for a turbo car is kinda expensive.

been working on a home built turbo kit for the last year or so, havent got to put the time in as needed to get it all doen cause of work and school has been killing my time.

they have big air filter inlets ive seen them for garret turbos and those things have a 5" opening on the gt42's

also you might look into precision, great quality turbos cheaper then turbonetics.

the PTE88, , T74gts, T76gts, T78gts all have 4" openings and can support 850-1250 hp

another lower cost option is masterpower turbos, those things go for less then $700 each and are pretty dependable.

check out http://www.forcedinductions.com

hey i just talked to the dude jason from banks. he is telling me that two 60-1 turbos will out flow a t76. and match close to a t88. and from the compressor maps that looks right. are the cars making 1400 hp on a t76 spraying also? or small displacement. im just trying to figure this out. twin turbos would look sweet and give better driveablility to and from the track. decisions

well here are the options. im freshining my 355. which could be a good canidate. or i was thinking of building a 421 sb. the diffrences would be the 421 would need a way smaller converter and launch at a way lower rpm. the 355 would probly shift about 7800 where im shifting now on the bottle. depends on the turbo the banks kit makes 1100 hp intercooled at about 6800 so i could really shift it arround 7300.

sorry i'm not too familiar with truck stuff please enlighten me as to why this makes that other guy chuckle

I'm not sure. He is kind of a strange guy from what I can gather. He would have to answer this question. I thought about making my tubbed S-10 4wd, but I figured the skinny Mickeys up front wouldn't get very much traction, and the added weight from the transfer case would be tough to push, or pull, with a 307.

no i proably could do a search. its been a while back when the 427 sb was still kinda voodo. i rember it looked like a stock syclone but all red and no badges. ill try and see if i can find it real quick. by the way what u got done to your s10 looks tubbed in the pic.