mx-6 beater

Guest FrancesTheMute

Guest FrancesTheMute
Well, I've been looking for a beater to get me through the winter. I came across a '93 Mazda MX-6 for $1000 that's local, the only issue is the transmission needs to be replaced/rebuilt. The car currently has a 4 Cyl. in it, and I've found a V6 engine and tranny for $1300, does anyone know if I need anything else to do this swap? I'd assume I'm going to need an ECU from a V6 and the wiring harness, but that's just a guess. I really know nothing of Mazdas. Anyone got any info or ideas?

You are correct about the ecu and wiring,

motor mounts,Trans linkage,radiator, a/c,alt, etc. coil, basically everything under the hood exept the windsheild washer fluid holder thingy they're the same for both 4 and 6 bangers

side note: personally i would not swap to a v-6 the 2.2 in those cars are bullit proof and make ok power. I would do a turbo swap on it and have a fun car to drive. Just fix the trans IMO

Guest FrancesTheMute
Yeah, I'm looking into the Turbo Probe swap idea. I think for now I'll buy and rebuild the transmission and make the car winter ready. In the spring I'll have alot more money for the swap.

Guest Scooter

When you say Turbo Probe swap, I'm assuming that you will be using the KLDE engine that came on the Probe GTs? If you have any questions on the KL Series of motors, you can ask me, I know a fair bit about them. I have a Mazda MX-3 with the V6, and I will be swapping to a KLZE when I get back from Germany (200 hp @ 6500 rpm). By the way, the KLDE throws up 162 to 167hp @ 5600 to 6000 rpm, depending on some variables. Of course, the difference here are the compression ratios. Since you are turboing, the KLDE might be your best choice, due to the compression ratio of 9.2:1.

Anyways, if you have any questions, just ask.