Stalling problem

GRN96WS6

My mom has a 2000 Ford Exploder 4wd w/ the 4L engine. We recently over Thanksgiving went up to visit family in CT about an 8 hour trip one way. We got there and back fine no problems at all. Two days later they were coming over to where I live to go shopping and they stalled out no warning nothing just stalled. It would not restart so they called AAA to get a tow home, about 10 minutes later it started up fine.

They get it towed to the dealer and of course they can't reproduce the issue, they did however recomment cleaning the injectors and something else to the tune of $500. I told my father not to do it and only pay for the diagnostic but alas he did not listen. It has been stalling off and on for about two weeks now and only when it is driven for more then 30 mins. There is still no warning and no signs as to why it happens.

Any ideas?

I was thinking fuel pump but you can hear it hum when the key is on. Help me fix this.

check the fuel filter and pump. if the filter gets to clogged up it will burn the pump up, or cause it to have a short which could be intermitent.

injector clean and throttle body clean will help with some of the issues from stalling but often times its not the main cause of the stall.

once you take out the old filter try blowing throw it, should tell ya how plugged up it was. this should give ya a good indication if the pump is actually bad. if its really plugged up id start looking for a pump.

might also wanna put a fuel pressure gauge on it as well and see what its running.