AEP downtown network failure.... wow

dragknee66

So about 10mins ago here... the ENTIRE network for AEP downtown went offline for about 5 minutes. Were talking about 700 people in my building alone.. most of them being engery traders, who actually make money for the company. I dont even have a clue how many thousands of people are in the headquarters building.

Can you say... someone is seriously going to be fucking FIRED :eek:

So about 10mins ago here... the ENTIRE network for AEP downtown went offline for about 5 minutes. Were talking about 700 people in my building alone.. most of them being engery traders, who actually make money for the company. I dont even have a clue how many thousands of people are in the headquarters building.

Can you say... someone is seriously going to be fucking FIRED :eek:

Good friend of mine works down there as an energy trader, I'll have to ask him about that.

depends on what it was. was it a network outage or internet outage? if it was the whole network, then yes... someone is probably losing their job. if your network is that critical, you should have redundant cores. keep me posted. maybe i'll apply for the job.

If the power companys network is critical hah. Yes Im sure millions could have been lost during the 5 minute downtime actually. It was an actual network outage, luckily Im a lvl 2 tech and dont have to deal with all the phone calls haha