So I'm leaving work tonight...

Buck531

And I make a right turn out of the parking lot. Next thing I hear is a VERY loud POP POP POP coming from my speakers.

Next thing I know, smoke starts ROLLING out underneath the stock CD player in my car. Nice. Car smells like burnt wire for the next 3 hours.

Radio turns on, the stations come on. No sound.. nada.

I think it's time for a new deck.

Nice. You're lucky though... if I see smoke coming from something I'm driving, chances are it's on fire. :)

Yeah.. First thought that popped into my mind was "HOLY SHIT". Then more smoke poured out. Then I thought "sweet, the car will go up in flames and I"ll just have to part it out and get another car". Then it went away :(

Power section for the internal amplifier failed. I've heard of this happening on Delco decks before, but not with the smoke show. Did it at least eject your disc after this?

Yep. Everything looks like it works, just no sound. The stations come up, if I put in a CD it starts playing it, etc.

Bought a Kenwood Mp3 deck for $127 today (thanks Mike :)).

Guest Local Stunt Rider
Thats just the factory smoke, you're going to go down to the dealer and have that smoke put back in or the car won't run right again.

and it adds 5-10 h.p.

u might wann aget that fixed ! ;)