Anyone know about Dell Laptops?? wont power up anybody repair them on here??

CJINOHIO03

It is a Dell Latitide C600 it is a few years old. I t was working fine now wont turn a few lights turn on the side of it but it doesnt boot or power up. I took the batery out and it doesnt light up all the lights for power check. Could it just be a bad battery? Should it still run off the ac? Anybody trained to repair them etc? take a look at it for me? CJ

Ask josh, his name on here is smokin5s, he's a certified dell tech. I have that same laptop and worked on quite a few of those models.. Try taking the battery out, unplug it and hold the power button down for 15-20 secs.. then plug it back in without the battery.

I'm also Dell Certified, but my service isn't free :)

thus the title E-Jew :p j/k

dood, I'd be more than happy to look at it... if it's under warrenty, I can replace the parts for free and just bill Dell... if not, then I will get you a good deal on the parts that will need replaced if any..

typically this is because it needs a BIOS upgrade or sometimes on this model there was a cooling issue with it that would cause some of the capacitors to "Bubble" which can cause this to happen also.... I'd really need to look at it to get a better idea of what your problem really is.

where does one get dell certified?

The liights on the battery are just indicators of the percent of charge. If no lights are on, it needs recharged. If the battery is dead, perhaps the power supply is not cranking out enough juice to run the laptop. If you can work a multimeter, check the output.

If there is a button battery on the motherboard (under the keyboard) for the bios, pull it for a few seconds, then replace it and see if that helps at all.

Service manuals for dells are available through dell.com to view as PDF docs.

I worked for Unisys in cleveland, a third party company that dell on site issues were all contracted out to. There really isnt any reason to get Hp/Dell/etc certified unless you are working for a company that contracts with them and usually that company will provide the avenue to do so.

• 2 weeks later...