65 Lincoln Continental

Science Abuse

For a freind who's moving outa the country. Not gunna get into a whol helluva lot of detail.

Pretty car that you can drive about...with suicide doors.

If you want a 65 continental and have $4250 to spend on it, this is your car. It's garaged in West Chester, Oh (cincinatti).

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/1/4/82282714.htm

The 65 Lincoln Continental was born of fire and brimstone on the still hidden surface of the gas planet we know as Jupiter. The extreme force of gravity turned the car into a super dense, long and wide phallus of a vehicle. It was equipped with doors that double as an air brake in either direction. The thick gauge steel survived many a reentry. The 430 cui MEL engine was forged by Vulcan himself on the nearby moon of Io. This power plant provided the torque and power neccesary to move Europa far enough away that it froze over, making its surface drivable, and a great place to store massive kegs. The rings of Jupiter are actualy the solidified emissions from this motor, created as the Continental gained the speed neccsary to break from the massive grip of the gas giants gravity. In speed and comphort it hurdled through space, crashing to the earth 65mil years ago, wiping out 90% of life on earth. It was discovered in 1964 by mad scientist searching the coastal waters of the Yucitan penninsula. What his intentions were, no one knows. His vessle was found adrift with no fuel and no one on board, just massive splaters of dried blood. The Continental used this marine fuel and trapped souls to travel the world, looking for a mate. This brought it to Detroit, where it spread its seed with reckless abandon. The rest is history.

On a serious note, the trunk echos. No, shutup, I'm not joking, talk into the opened truck, you get an echo back, I swear to Gwar.

The 65 Lincoln Continental was born of fire and brimstone on the still hidden surface of the gas planet we know as Jupiter. The extreme force of gravity turned the car into a super dense, long and wide phallus of a vehicle. It was equipped with doors that double as an air brake in either direction. The thick gauge steel survived many a reentry. The 430 cui MEL engine was forged by Vulcan himself on the nearby moon of Io. This power plant provided the torque and power neccesary to move Europa far enough away that it froze over, making its surface drivable, and a great place to store massive kegs. The rings of Jupiter are actualy the solidified emissions from this motor, created as the Continental gained the speed neccsary to break from the massive grip of the gas giants gravity. In speed and comphort it hurdled through space, crashing to the earth 65mil years ago, wiping out 90% of life on earth. It was discovered in 1964 by mad scientist searching the coastal waters of the Yucitan penninsula. What his intentions were, no one knows. His vessle was found adrift with no fuel and no one on board, just massive splaters of dried blood. The Continental used this marine fuel and trapped souls to travel the world, looking for a mate. This brought it to Detroit, where it spread its seed with reckless abandon. The rest is history.

On a serious note, the trunk echos. No, shutup, I'm not joking, talk into the opened truck, you get an echo back, I swear to Gwar.

That might be the best post you've ever conjured up. :thumbup:

-Marc

Guest nevarmore

Erics drama, only slightly misspelled, covers what its like to own this car.

I got the car around 6 years ago. Drove it daily during the first two years, occasionally drove it on break from college for the next two, and for the last two its sat in the garage. The car has been garaged the entire time I have owned it as well as the previous owner.

The last owner had the interior freshened up and the transmission rebuilt in 1992. The interior has used much of the original pieces and was done in a factory style of cloth. Mainly the cloth and padding were replaced. The car was repainted at some point with a deep blue that shifts to a dark purple in the right light.

There are some minor cosmetic issues. A crack in the dask (repairable) and a 2" spot of chrome missing from way down low on the left side of the front bumper.

The only significant repair to the car was a new cooling system shortly after I got it. It was a hot summer and something popped. New radiator, w/p, and thermostats (a big deal on a 430 block).

The car will turn heads (as some of you remember) and is a pleasure to drive. Its got truck-like tourqe (factory 462 ft/lbs) and enough power (300ish HP factory) to purrr down the freeway at illegal speeds. It looks good, it won't win trophies, but people will still stop and look at it.

Call the number in the ad for more pictures, to ask more questions, or arrange a viewing.

damn i wish that i was not going to the desert tommrow or actually i wish that i was gettting back from the desert and could buy it :( if you still have it buy the time october rolls around i would be really intrested in it :)