Difference between SCT XCalibrator 1 and XCalibrator 2

lemosley01

Anyone know the different between the SCT XCal 1 and XCal 2 (for Fords).

The X-cal 2 does data logging, the X-cal 1 doesn't. Whenever I get around to a tune, it will be with SCT, but it will be a flip chip, not a hand-held.

The X-cal 2 does data logging, the X-cal 1 doesn't. Whenever I get around to a tune, it will be with SCT, but it will be a flip chip, not a hand-held.

You can also change the tune yourself with it like timing, injector size, and increase or decrease the fuel at different rpms. if you have a blower or turbo you would want the X-cal 2 over the flip chip. Data logging is important when making over 400rwhp. You could check out Modulardepot.com.

Guest Removed

when we had Daves yellow gt on the dyno at the ford meet(2 years ago), when we pulled his switch chip out the car picked up all across the power band, Ive never had any luck with those chip's, the handheld models do a much better job!

when we had Daves yellow gt on the dyno at the ford meet(2 years ago), when we pulled his switch chip out the car picked up all across the power band, Ive never had any luck with those chip's, the handheld models do a much better job!

He must have had a bad tuner. I have a flip chip and wouldn't dare pull it out or run the stock tune. His car must have not have been that wild. How much hp did it make before and after removing the chip.

Guest Removed
he made 254 with the chip and 262 with out it, then we downloaded the programmer and got 270 with the performance tune and keep playing with that and ended up almost 280rwhp.... torque was over 300 with all the pulls, but it was still rich..I still think the guy that put the used motor in it put a truck 4.6 in it instead of stang motor.I didnt know him when he blew it up the first time!