WTB motor for truck

old dirty bastard

HAHA, why is everyones answer always "put a 350 in it" do you have any clue how much work it is to put a 350 in a toyota.

TJ, is it the 22RE? And did the timing chain break? Anyways, I found a 22RE awhile ago for $150, and it ran great. I will ask around and see what I can find. Also if it is 22RE it is actually a 2.4, completely retarded to call a 2.4 a 22RE, but whatever

HAHA, why is everyones answer always "put a 350 in it" do you have any clue how much work it is to put a 350 in a toyota.

Yes, I do. I helped a friend do it in his offroad truck.

From advance adapters, you order:

bolt in motor mounts

bellhousing

exhaust manifolds

clutch kit

Oilpan

The most work that has to be put into the swap is removing no longer needed wiring, trimming the firewall for the distributor to fit, and tuning the carb. You can avoid some clearance issues with a body lift (if 4x4). You can reuse the stock oilpan if you feel like beating it with a hammer to clear the front diff (again, 4x4 only).

Then, you have to find a solution for a fan. There isn't enough space for a mechanical fan, so either find an electric that is extremely thin, or find another way to mount it. My friend ended up putting the radiator in the bed, after ripping the bottom off of one, and the water pump eating another.

TJ, is it the 22RE? And did the timing chain break? Anyways, I found a 22RE awhile ago for $150, and it ran great. I will ask around and see what I can find. Also if it is 22RE it is actually a 2.4, completely retarded to call a 2.4 a 22RE, but whatever

I'm not really sure I havent looked at the truck my step father told me about it and asked if I could help in finding one for my step brother.He just needs a motor that works and is relatively cheap for his truck.

I checked out http://www.car-part.com which is a junkyard search engine, and it came up with a lot that you have to call and ask the price, the ones on there with a price were from $800 to $1500.

My buddies 350 swap cost him a grand total of $1200, including buying a donor vehicle