1990 eafle talon tsi awd MAS PROB????

John Bruh

Okay i just did a motor swap in a 1990 talon from my 91 because the 91 was an auto. Well ive been running into several problems all of which i have overcome except for this one. Something is wrong with my mas/ecu/(Gold box in front of the the ecu...idk the name). The ecu doesnt turn off when the ignition is turned off (afc still is on). When the car is turned OFF the afc reads 50-70 knock, 900-1200hz karman, and 1000-1300rpm's. I have no clue what is doing this. Also when i start the car it runs like SHIT, it reads 3hz max (0003), reads around 30-40 knock and reads the rpms. I put a 2g MAS on the car and it was wiried wrong (no thanks to vfaq...) so i re-wired it correctly and it read the a/f ratio as 20.0:1 (on apexi tt), but was still running at the same karman, 3hz. So i figured it was still wrong, i put the 1g MAS back on and it still read 3hz and ran like shit. When the car was off and reading 900-1200hz karman it was with the 1g not the 2g. Also when the car is off the Gold box infront of the ecu it vibrates and makes a high pitch tone, No clue what it is or does, but looks like it leads into the ecu...?

If anyone knows what this may be or could help me in any way i would appericate it. Thanks guys, John