98 Cobra Svt

Guest hotrodmama024

didn't Sean Wease get like 12.6 or 12.9 with just an intake and exhaust?

I was just going to post about me. :D

Is your 2002 Z28 a 6 speed or auto? If that was posted or in your profile, I didn't see it. My 6 speed, 2000 WS6 Formula, with just a lid, exhaust, Nittos, and some weight reduction went 12.585 @ 111.60. With just those simple mods, think you'll have little problem beating the Cobra, if you can drive your car... :)

Unless he has a Vortec on it which is the norm for those motors.....

I would just get a 100-shot (along with the other cheap bolt-ons) and be done with it. You won't know until after the fact so no point in spending big bucks (heads, cam, etc...) if your dealing with a 12.90 or 13.50 car.... :(

Guest hotrodmama024
Well it was ran at that track and did a 13.69 (my ls1) that was just with an air lid. But my tires suck, cant get them to grip. Also a 6 speed. I wanted to do exhaust and suspension this year and then do cam and headers next year. I dont really want to do nitrous though. Well see how my taxes look, might just do headers, exhaust, and some suspension. Have to get new rotors and breaks too. :)

Guest hotrodmama024
I was just going to post about me. :D

My 6 speed, 2000 WS6 Formula, with just a lid, exhaust, Nittos, and some weight reduction went 12.585 @ 111.60.

What kind of weight reduction did you do? My car already has a few pounds shaved off, from no power windows and door locks. But i cant get rid of the back seat. Have a daughter too. lol

What kind of weight reduction did you do? My car already has a few pounds shaved off, from no power windows and door locks. But i cant get rid of the back seat. Have a daughter too. lol

Keep in mind this was for the track only. I didn't normally drive around like this. I removed the front seat, floor mats, hatch cover, spare tire/jack, and the rear seats. That's about 100 pounds of stuff right there. What was your trap speed when you ran that time?

Guest hotrodmama024
.0159. it was around there 3 times. i wold have to look at my sheets again. First time ever doing drag too. Woohoo! Yeah i dont think i will do all that weight reduction, but good idea.

.0159. it was around there 3 times. i wold have to look at my sheets again. First time ever doing drag too. Woohoo! Yeah i dont think i will do all that weight reduction, but good idea.

I believe he asked for your "trap speed". How fast did you go in the 1/4 mile. That looks more like a reaction time. If go from a roll I don't think you have much to worry about. From a dig would be close, if he has gears. Good luck though.

haha sorry. well my first was a 14.02. then a 13.69. Thank you though!! :)

he is asking what MPH. So 13.69 @ (insert speed here). Its ok no one will make fun of you for not knowing, your pretty new to the track scene.